Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Huge CPU Consumption problem  (Read 9714 times)

Infernal

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Add Fun
Huge CPU Consumption problem
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:43:58 am »

My host suspended me because the displayimage.php was using up to much resources
I need some help in reducing that and after that i need to fix this as soon as possible what can i do i only get 5000 hits in pics a day and that bastard still suspended me saying i use more then 15% of the servers cpu
I need a solution to make my coppermine with 12000 pics that barely has 1000 with comments to burn a lot less
i would post a link to my site but it's suspended please help and as fast as you can
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:47:22 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Huge CPU Consumption problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:37:32 am »

Post a link to your gallery for a start...

Infernal

• Add Fun
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:01:08 pm »

I would but as i wrote above i can't it's suspended because of high cps consumption
12000 images 5000 hits a day for images only 1000 have comments my sql db was 25 mb
I got told that displayimage.php was the cause
Every picture shows the code for bb and html plus link under it ...that is all that ain't normal..and i use cpm fetch but that's not tied in with displayimage.php it would seem

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:39:27 pm »

Do as I suggested - post a link to your gallery. I can review the information needed in Google's cache or similar.

Infernal

• Add Fun
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:15 pm »

http://www.add-fun.com/gallery/index.php
ok sorry i didn't think of that

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 01:34:15 pm »

You used to display 12 random images and 12 from the last uploaded meta album on your index page - this is a huge resource eater. Turn those meta albums off or reduce the number of them (particularly the random images). This will safe overall CPU recources consumption.
On the displayimage.php pages (I took a look at this page in google's cache), you have several custom objects that don't exist in default coppermine pages, so I can't tell which one might be the resource hog. I suggest turning them off alltogether (the image search form at the top as well as the bbcode and html link boxes at the bottom).
Additionally, you have a load of keywords assigned to those pics (visible in the pic info section) - retrieving them and displaying will eat resources as well - this is the HTML output generated that will populate the pic info section:
Code: [Select]
<table align="center" width="600" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">
        <tr><td colspan="2" class="tableh2_compact"><b>File information</b></td></tr>
        <tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Filename:</td><td class="tableb_compact">0096.jpg</td></tr>
        <tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Album name:</td><td class="tableb_compact"><span class="alblink"><a href ="profile.php?uid=1">Infernal</a> / <a href="thumbnails.php?album=1">All Funny Images</a></span></td></tr>

<tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Keywords:</td><td class="tableb_compact"><span class="alblink"><a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=Add-fun.net">Add-fun.net</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=Add-fun.com">Add-fun.com</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=BIGGEST">BIGGEST</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=funny">funny</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=pictures">pictures</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=site">site</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=on">on</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=earth">earth</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=1000">1000</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=Pictures">Pictures</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=funny">funny</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=hilarious">hilarious</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=extream">extream</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=incredible">incredible</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=shocking">shocking</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=briliant">briliant</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=Search">Search</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=Engine">Engine</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=addictivly-funny.net">addictivly-funny.net</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=daily">daily</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=updates">updates</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=lmao">lmao</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=lol">lol</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=fun">fun</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=amusement">amusement</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=get">get</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=drunk">drunk</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=with">with</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=beer">beer</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=steal">steal</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=your">your</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=granys">granys</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=clothers">clothers</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=geek">geek</a> <a href="thumbnails.php?album=search&amp;search=boy">boy</a></span></td></tr>

<tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >File Size:</td><td class="tableb_compact"><span dir="ltr">57&nbsp;KB</span></td></tr>
        <tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Date added:</td><td class="tableb_compact">Sep 06, 2007</td></tr>
        <tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Dimensions:</td><td class="tableb_compact">398 x 573 pixels</td></tr>
        <tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Displayed:</td><td class="tableb_compact">118 times</td></tr>

<tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >URL:</td><td class="tableb_compact"><a href="http://www.add-fun.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3118" ><b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">http</b>://<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">www</b>.<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">add</b>-<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">fun</b>.<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">com</b>/<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">gallery</b>/<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">displayimage</b>.<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">php</b>?pos=-3118</a></td></tr>

<tr><td class="tableb_compact" valign="top" >Favorites:</td><td class="tableb_compact"><a href="addfav.php?pid=3118&amp;ref=displayimage.php%3Fpos%3D-3118" >Add to Favorites</a></td></tr>
</table>
for the page http://www.add-fun.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3118

Bottom line: you have a lot of custom modifications - I'm not able to tell for sure which one causes the resource consumption without being able to see the code. Turn those modifications off.
You might as well try to keep search engine spiders from spidering displayimage.php by setting up a corresponding policy in robots.txt

Infernal

• Add Fun
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:30:53 pm »

so some pics have way to many keywords that is one

if i reduce overall keywords the display.php and thumbs should be easier to maintain at a decent cpu level ok gotcha

i limited google to slowest speed and i will try to banish more searches from my site they ain't brining in shit for visitors anyway

another thing small question is how do i turn off that show filesize and stuff for each image i guess that is a traffic eater to

thanks for the help

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:29:04 pm »

One issue per thread - you agreed to respect this policy when signing up. Can this thread be marked as "solved"?

Infernal

• Add Fun
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 08:08:14 pm »

yes you can i will make another with that question thank you for the help

Dr_Michael

• LightHunt
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 09:54:30 am »

if i reduce overall keywords the display.php and thumbs should be easier to maintain at a decent cpu level ok gotcha

How can I reduce the keywords or even to disable them at all?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.