Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 403 Permission Denied  (Read 10485 times)

juweezy

• Coppermine newbie
403 Permission Denied
« on: December 28, 2007, 07:45:31 am »

I'm sorry if this is an issue that has already been brought up but i'm just getting used to getting around the forums. I was trying to add video to my gallery and i read that you could upload .swf and .flv but u need a plug-in to do so. I up loaded the plug-in "filetypes_editor.zip" to the page and installed it. As soon as i did it gave this message 403 permission denied. Now i can't even see my gallery, i just get this page. Please help i have no idea what to do next. Is there a way to reset it or to take away that plug-in? Your help is appreciated
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:25:41 pm by Nibbler »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: 403 Permission Denied
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 08:35:59 am »

go into your database via phpmyadmin and desable the plugin by deleting the filetypes_editor plugin entry in the plugins table
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

juweezy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 08:34:18 pm »

Thant you for your response, i really appreciate it. I downloaded phpMyAdmin and i just get a folder phpMyAdmin-2.11.3-english it doesn't give me a executable file so i can install the program. Is there a simple way around it. Like can an administrator of coppermine go into my gallery and simply remove the plug-in. I don't have a server that is mine and used a webhosting to upload my files, is that were i have to go to get the database and remove the plug-in? Sorry if i sound stupid but im a newbie and like the coopermine interface and i want to fix it and use my gallery again thank you for your help.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 08:42:51 pm »

you don't have to install phpmyadmin, look what tool is provided by your webhost to manage your database
Mon Blog

juweezy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 10:27:18 pm »

Thank You for your help. I found the filetypes editor plugin and removed it from the table using phpmyadmin. However my site is still not coming up i get the same message. I have been looking for the .htacces to delete it as per the other threads i have read but i cant find it either i search for it in my main directory but it does not come out. I was wondering if i just upgrade the coppermine version wont that fix it. If it can how can i do it since i cant go into my gallery. hank you for your help.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 10:28:58 pm »

give us a link
Mon Blog

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 10:41:54 pm »

Make sure you are looking for 'hidden' files in your FTP app. Updating won't help you.

juweezy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 11:01:20 pm »

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING I FOUND THE .HTACESS FILE AND I GOT THIS ERROR MESSEAGEI THINK IT IS STILL LOOKING FOR THAT PLUGIN BUTS I REMOVED IT I MIGHT HAVE REMOVED THE SER OR SEF PUGLIN TOO THE LINK IS AS FOLLOWS http://www.caesarsreceptionhall.com/photos/

While executing query "SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg_filetypes;" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'caesarsr_copp1.cpg_filetypes' doesn't exist

YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 11:07:22 pm »

You didn't follow the instructions correctly. I have recreated the table for you by running update.php. Be more careful in future.

juweezy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 11:20:15 pm »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. THE WHOLE REASON I GOT INTO THIS MESS WAS BECAUSE I WANTED TO UPLOAD VIDEO IMAGES. WHAT SHOULD I GET TO RUN VIDEOS IN MY GALLERY. AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH. MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE HARD WORK THAT YOU GUYS DO. I DO, SO THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 11:25:18 pm »

Stop posting in capital letters. You can upload videos out-of-the-box with Coppermine; there is no need to install any plugin. If you have difficulties with it post a new thread in the upload support section, but read the manual first.

juweezy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 11:30:07 pm »

thank you will do
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.