Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem in uploading please help  (Read 5279 times)

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
problem in uploading please help
« on: December 27, 2007, 08:42:21 pm »

Hello all when I try to upload pics at my this site it first uploads all the pics asks for the title, description but after when all pics are uploaded it gives an error that PREVIOUS FILE COULD NOT BE PLACE AND YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY PLACED ALL THE FILES here is my site http://crazy-wallpapers.info so please tell me what is the problem and what need to be fixed
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 02:22:12 pm by Stramm »

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
Re: problem in uploading please help
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:10:54 am »

please reply me what I need to do

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:26:50 am »

You need to do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. Pay particular attention to the section "asking for support on upload issues". Has been asked a thousand times before. When you signed up, you agreed to read the docs first and only post if the docs don't provide an answer to your question.
This is not a hotline - allow days for answers before bumping, not only hours!

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 07:00:42 pm »

I tried what is told there but of no use I was able to upload pictures some days before but I don't know what has happened and why I can't upload them now I have enable the debug also so please let me know what to do now

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 08:08:37 pm »

please help me as I am not able to post new pictures and my visitors also not able to post any picture which is causing lot of problems to me

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 09:32:05 pm »

Please follow these steps again and let us know if any of these steps did or did not work. Please also keep in mind that all supporters on this board are doing this without pay, so don't expect 24h support.

Cheers
Hein

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:55 pm »

I know that I ahve already tried that but no results it is still giving same error

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 09:12:58 am »

Try adding "define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);" to the beginning of the file config.inc.php
It's also described in the documentation and it might just do the trick. http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#safe

Cheers
Hein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:34 am »

Why don't you do as we suggest in "Asking for support on upload issues". Let me quote this section to you, highlighting the stuff you obviously failed to read:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Where is the link to your gallery and the non-admin test user account? I can't see it in your postings, although the section of the docs that I have to constantly remind you of clearly say that it is absolutely mandatory no matter what. >:(

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 01:45:20 pm »

here are the details
site: http://crazy-wallpapers.info/
testusername: testuser
password: 12345
hope now its ok

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 01:58:19 pm »

No, why don't you follow the instructions. Read the already given link again carefully http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 02:08:36 pm »

I have done it but still getting some error message

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 02:19:01 pm »

my problem is solved thanks for such a great support and sorry for my silly mistakes actually I am very much new person to a coding so thats why I wasn't able to get you people clearly but thanks for the support

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 02:20:52 pm »

no, you haven't, read my posting above again, read the link, have a look at my quote and especially the part written in bold letters.
Now please follow the instructions. That won't make your issues go away but is the only way for us to find out what's going on. Why do you make it that hard for us to help you? Now 13 posts in this thread just to make you read the instructions! 

edit: have written this while you posted your solved message...

grvsunny

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 02:24:04 pm »

no, you haven't, read my posting above again, read the link, have a look at my quote and especially the part written in bold letters.
Now please follow the instructions. That won't make your issues go away but is the only way for us to find out what's going on. Why do you make it that hard for us to help you? Now 13 posts in this thread just to make you read the instructions! 

edit: have written this while you posted your solved message...
thanks for your support but I have changed my settings back after solving my problem thanks for your support too

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 05:00:56 pm »

my problem is solved
You should have posted what the actual problem was and what you did to solve your issues - for the benefit of others with similar issues. That's the whole point of running a support forum. Supporters are reluctant to help selfish users who don't play by the rules in the first place and then even fail to properly resolve their threads. So if you want continued support for problems that you might have in the future: resolve your thread properly. After all, you have caused much moderation effort.

sorry for my silly mistakes actually I am very much new person to a coding so thats why I wasn't able to get you people clearly but thanks for the support
This is not related to coding at all - just common sense and the ability to read carefully. You don't have to be a coder to use coppermine (or any other pre-made app).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.