Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission exceptions  (Read 5281 times)

halnat

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Permission exceptions
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:58:11 am »

Coppermine keeps permissions at the album level, but sometimes individual pictures need other permissions than the album. For example, if an album contains some restricted pictures, you will need to restrict access to all pictures in the album.

I'd like to keep the album level permissions, but then be able to make exceptions at the picture level. One way of implementing it, could be to give public pictures in restricted albums a specific keyword, and then have a public album that uses the album keyword to retrieve those pictures. In 1.4 this doesn't work.

However the opposite is possible in 1.4 - posting to a public album and then linking those pictures to the restricted album via the album key word. However, this requires a public album for each restricted album, which will result in too much duplication.

robospine

• Coppermine newbie
    • www.bergsland.se
Re: Permission exceptions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 07:15:15 pm »

i agree, i think it would be a good thing to have as i have albums that i want to show most people but in those albums there are some pics that should only be visible to those who have an account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.