Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload Limited to 10 Images?  (Read 2567 times)

computerwitness

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload Limited to 10 Images?
« on: December 18, 2007, 01:35:36 pm »

Hi,

I am trying to use the batch add function.  If I select 10 images within my batch folder, all works perfectly.

If I select any more than this, it doesn't upload after image selection and returns to the folder list.

I HAVE followed the upload troubleshooting guide and uploads are working but I would expect to be able to batch more than 10 images.

Suggestions?

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Batch Upload Limited to 10 Images?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:14:29 pm »

Might be related to the amount of memory reserved for php on the server that is hosting your site.
Did you search , iirc there are more then 1 tread about this subject.

Cheers
Hein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 08:23:34 am »

I HAVE followed the upload troubleshooting guide
No, you have not. Re-read it. It clearly says what you need to do when asking for support on uploading issues.

computerwitness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:14:40 am »

Erm,

Yes I HAVE read your somewhat vague troubleshooting guide.  As I am NOT receiving ANY errors for single uploads, I didn't see the point in posting a test user account, just so you can reply with your standard answer of "No error, it's working fine".

Yes I DID search for other posts.  However I found the consistent unhelpful approach from GauGau very frustrating.  Telling people to RTFM is not very helpful!  Why offer a support forum if you're not willing to actually support people?

So despite doing everything the right way, you have been (as usual) incredibly unhelpful.  I had hoped there may be some bright sparks out there who would reply with a concise, helpful piece of feedback for a change.  Sadly I am mistaken.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:39:13 pm »

Yes I HAVE read your somewhat vague troubleshooting guide.
If you think that it is vague, why don't you go ahead and improve it? Tell us what part needs clarification. Post your suggestion for anything that you would like to see changed/improved.

As I am NOT receiving ANY errors for single uploads, I didn't see the point in posting a test user account, just so you can reply with your standard answer of "No error, it's working fine".
From the docs:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
You may not see the point in a link to your gallery, but I and the fellow supporters here can see it. That's why we said in the docs that it is mandatory to do as we suggested even if you have issues with another upload method than http uploads. That's because we know the app better than you - that's why we're able to support you. There's nothing wrong with the fact that you're not an expert - you just need to play by the rules if you want the help of the experts.

However I found the consistent unhelpful approach from GauGau very frustrating.  Telling people to RTFM is not very helpful!  Why offer a support forum if you're not willing to actually support people?
Show me a thread where I told the people to RTFM that has not been justified - in the light of what I just said: it may not be obvious to you why we need the link to your page and the test user account, but you can trust me that it is needed - and be it just to be able to rule out some reasons for upload failure. Your rant (and that's what it just is) is not helpfull at all. We do offer support, but I'm not ready to argue with people like you why we need you to follow the upload troubleshooting section to a T.

So despite doing everything the right way, you have been (as usual) incredibly unhelpful.
No, you have not done everything right: you failed to post the needed data although the docs clearly say that it is mandatory to post them no matter what. SO why don't you drop the flaming and do as I suggested? What's so bad about doing what I asked you to do? Instead of trying to force me to explain the reasons for the fact that we ask for a simple link and non-admin test user account, you could just save us some time and come up with the needed data.

Indeed there are a lot of threads where I have to tell people to RTFM and do as suggested there, simply because there are so many people who just don't read it. You may come to the conclusion that our docs are bad (in which case you're welcome to help us improve them). However, as it is now, those docs are the only docs that count. If you come here for support, then follow the rules. If you don't want to play by those rules, then just leave - that's up to you. But do so in a respectfull manner, without making such a noise and accusing me of doing something wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.