Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I mirror my pics to a high bandwidth server?  (Read 2386 times)

JamesUK

• Coppermine newbie
Can I mirror my pics to a high bandwidth server?
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:01:12 pm »

Hello all :)

I'm looking at gallery software for my site and coppermine seems to do pretty much everything I'm looking for, but there's something I'm not sure of and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

Our site's running on a powerful dedicated server in the UK, but bandwidth is expensive and we get a lot of visitors, so what we'd like to do is install the Coppermine app on our UK server, but mirror the images to a server in the US that only serves files up, there's no scripting support there.

I was looking at Menalto's Gallery program which states:
Gallery lets you mirror your albums on as many remote servers as you like. This lets you run your Gallery on a machine with limited bandwidth (like over a DSL line) but still serve up your images quickly from a high bandwidth source like an ISP. Gallery will not actually mirror the files for you. You're responsible for doing it yourself. I use a program called rsync. You can use whatever you want. If the remote album is up to date, Gallery will use it. If not, Gallery will use the local one.

Is it possible to set up Coppermine like this? I'm happy to handle mirroring the files myself, but can Coppermine support a remote server and default to the local copy if the remote server isn't available or up to date?

Thanks in advance,
James :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 08:26:55 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Can I mirror my pics to a high bandwidth server?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:28:38 am »

Not supported.

JamesUK

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:36:42 am »

ahh well... thanks anyway

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 07:54:00 am »

if you go the Menalto way with rsync you can do it but need to modify CPG core code on some places (where it gets the URLs for thumbs, intermediate and fullsized images from the db) then add your new domain in front of the relative path and make it an absolute one. That should do the trick. Some PHP and CPG knowledge required. Rsync you should be able to setup as well... Looks like you need a dedicated box for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.