Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture Views backup...  (Read 2695 times)

poifect

• Coppermine newbie
Picture Views backup...
« on: December 14, 2007, 11:20:21 pm »

http://gallery.apopplewell.org

I was messing around with the admin options, trying to "update resized" pictures, I was unsuccessful, but the next thing I know all of the picture views have been reset to zero. Is there any way to go back to a previous (as in one day or two) setting for picture views? This is a popular gallery with over a million hits, so the number of views are pretty important in my opinion.  I don't think I have ever manually backed anything up. At the moment I took the gallery offline, as to not make anything worse, tell me if I need to put it back up for viewing. Thanks!! :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Picture Views backup...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:18:15 pm »

http://gallery.apopplewell.org
Actually, your gallery is located at http://poifect.com/annapics/

I was messing around with the admin options, trying to "update resized" pictures, I was unsuccessful, but the next thing I know all of the picture views have been reset to zero.
That's because you failed to change the default option, which is "reset all views counter".

Is there any way to go back to a previous (as in one day or two) setting for picture views?
No, unless you have a backup.
I don't think I have ever manually backed anything up.
Well, that's not a bright thing - backing up frequently is improtant. This incident should show you.

The main reason for this happening is the fact that you're running cpg1.4.3, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.14, so you're running 11 versions behind, with all those bugs that have been fixed meanwhile still existing on your gallery. This should teach you the importance of keeping your gallery up to date. Upgrade now. All your hits are lost though anyway, nothing in the world will bring them back if you have no backup.

Your posting is not related to bridging at all, that's why I moved it. In the future, post on the proper sub-board in the first place.

poifect

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:38:31 pm »

I had installed the upgrades. I don't think you can expect people that come on here to understand coppermine, otherwise they wouldnt be asking for help in the first place. So if you're expecting everyone who comes on here to have the same "intellectual capabilities" when it comes to coppermine, you might want to consider getting a different job. Thankyou.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:32:20 pm »

I had installed the upgrades.
No, you have not. You're running cpg1.4.3.

I don't think you can expect people that come on here to understand coppermine, otherwise they wouldnt be asking for help in the first place.
That's correct. We don't expect you to understand coppermine. We expect you to read the documentation though.
So if you're expecting everyone who comes on here to have the same "intellectual capabilities" when it comes to coppermine, you might want to consider getting a different job.
Any particular reason for your rant? What have I done to you that makes you so angry? I just told you that you need to upgrade and that your issues result from not upgrading. Is that so bad? I was trying to teach you something for the future as well: the need to back up frequently. How is that related to "intelectual capabilities"?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.