Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer gallery help  (Read 9660 times)

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
Transfer gallery help
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:35:20 pm »

Im trying to move my gallery to a new host, and am having some problems. Ive read over the steps in the FAQ already. I have my files downloaded through FTP and have already moved them, over to the folder for the new host. I used PHPmyAdmin to get the folder for the mysql database. Now where do I upload the database file? I tried uploading it in the sql folder for the gallery but it doesnt work. Does the mysql database have to have the same name as the old one? Because my new host puts my username in front of the name of the database...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:50:32 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Transfer gallery help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:50:59 pm »

The database is not a folder. You need to create a database dump (backup) on the old server (using phpMyAdmin or similar) and then restore the dump on the new server (again using phpMyAdmin). Subsequently, you don't "upload" the dump anywhere on the new server, but install phpMyAdmin on the new server and then perform the restore of the dump using phpMyAdmin there.

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 11:47:55 pm »

Ive put my database on the new mysql database through PHPMyAdmin, and installed all the old files through FTP to my new domain. But when I go to my url I dont get the gallery, just an error message about not connectingto the database.

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 11:48:40 pm »

This is the error message:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'ailee_lisa'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 07:26:06 am »

update the database connection datas in include/config.inc.php
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

yaxiiah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:23:54 pm »

well.. had a similar problem.. and i had the same message, i changed the info in that file.. and now it says fatal error.. but i don't know what's the error.. idon't know what do i have to change.. and i don't want to install a new gallery.. because if i do so, i'll have to add 8200 pictures again...
http://www.with-hilary.com/galeria/index.php

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:44 pm »

yaxiiah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 10:55:27 pm »

ok, i did what it says in the tutorial.. now i have the message saying this

Queries:
------------------
Array
(

• => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM gal_filetypes; (0s)
  • [1] => select * from gal_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
        [2] => delete from `yaxiiah_galeria`.gal_sessions where time<1197924472 and remember=0; (0s)
        [3] => delete from `yaxiiah_galeria`.gal_sessions where time<1196718472; (0s)
        [4] => select user_id from `yaxiiah_galeria`.gal_sessions where session_id=md5("b257461a6e27fdc68b1a3bfd6a7d91d6cde4a6f10e9a351744e9571a8b962644"); (0s)
        [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from `yaxiiah_galeria`.gal_users where user_id=0 (0.131s)
        [6] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM gal_usergroups WHERE group_id in (3) (0s)
        [7] => SELECT group_name FROM  gal_usergroups WHERE group_id= 3 (0s)
        [8] => update `yaxiiah_galeria`.gal_sessions set time='1197928072' where session_id=md5('b257461a6e27fdc68b1a3bfd6a7d91d6cde4a6f10e9a351744e9571a8b962644'); (0s)
        [9] => DELETE FROM gal_banned WHERE expiry < '2007-12-17 21:47:52' (0s)
        [10] => SELECT * FROM gal_banned WHERE (ip_addr='189.152.149.1' OR ip_addr='189.152.149.1' OR user_id=0) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
        [11] => SELECT aid, category FROM gal_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10000' AND visibility NOT IN (3) (0s)
    )

Am i supposed to do what says there??
    but i don't understand what does the '(0s) means.. do i have to change the 1 to 0 or something like that.?

yaxiiah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 10:57:51 pm »

after solving that i'll have my original gallery available? or i will loose all of my albums an dpics?

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 11:40:02 pm »

I edited that file and now my gallery loads :)

But all files that had been done previously through batch add have "x" 's through them  ???

BabeandJamie4Ever

Transfer Gallery Help 2
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 02:56:29 am »

Im having trouble switching hosts for my gallery. I have a thread below, and it was marked as solved, but my problem hasnt been solved yet. Ive got my gallery showing up now, but all the files I had batch added show up with an x in them. I have used FTP to move the files into the albums folder, in the folders I had uploaded them into on the old host. What do I need to do to get my batch add files to show up??  ???

lemonlime

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 05:48:34 am »

I'm also watching this thread because I'm having the same issue. My gallery comes up but none of the pics are showing.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 08:22:04 am »

@BabeandJamie4Ever: Merged your new thread with the existing one. Your thread got marked as solved because you reported it accordingly. You haven't posted a link to your gallery so far, so we can't take a look. Do so now: post a link to your gallery.

@lemonlime: your issues may or may not be related. Start a thread of your own, providing the needed details.

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 06:53:00 pm »

Here's a link to my gallery:

www.aileegallery.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 07:48:15 am »

You appear to only have uploaded the files that resided on your hard drive in the first place. You failed to download all files from your old server before uploading them to your new server. That's why only the full-sized pics reside on your webspace - the intermediate images and thumbnails never resided on your client, so you haven't uploaded them to the new server. But don't be alarmed - you can trigger coppermine to re-create the intermediate pics and thumbs by going to the admin tools and selecting the corresponding option there.

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 08:46:22 pm »

Thanks!! It works. Well for most of them. Some have an error but I can just replace those
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.