Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Setup Image View Mode To Rotate From the Last Image To The First Image?  (Read 3820 times)

gldickens3

• Coppermine novice

In image view mode, the user navigates forwards and backwards though the images with the left and right arrows in the top right hand portion of the screen.  When the user navigates to the last thumbnail then the right arrow button (that normally takes you to the next image) quits working.  In other words, when the user gets to the last image in a gallery then the right arrow button quits working and the user is basically stuck at that image unless he opts to go back to prior images or to the thumbnails. Whereas, in the slide show mode, the slide show rotates through the images and starts over at the beginning after the last image is displayed.

My question is this:  How can I setup my gallery so that the image view mode works like the slide show mode whereby the image view mode rotates through the images and starts over at the beginning after the last image is displayed? I have had several users complain about this behavior and I would like to change it but I have been unable to come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Gordon Dickens
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:58:06 am by GauGau »

gldickens3

• Coppermine novice

Is it not possible to do what I am asking either through a setting or a custom modification?

I posted this two days ago so I therefore am interpreting the lack of a reply to mean that it is not possible to have the image view mode start over at the beginning after the last image is displayed.

Any reply would be earnestly appreciated even if the answer is that this is not possible.

Thanks!

Gordon

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Only possible if you code it. Impossible to accomplish from within the coppermine user interface only - it's a missing feature if you want to put it that way.

gldickens3

• Coppermine novice

GauGau; Many thanks for your prompt reply!

Maybe this feature could be included in a future upgrade?

Gordon

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Probably not. The devel version (cpg1.5.x) currently takes care of this by not showing the "next" button if there is no "next" file. It would be fairly easy though to add a "start over" button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.