Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Usergroup names will return to default values (Bug?)  (Read 2302 times)

Schnurstracks

• Coppermine newbie
Usergroup names will return to default values (Bug?)
« on: April 06, 2006, 04:41:08 pm »

Hi,

I tried to change the names of the default usergroups (Administrators, Registered, etc.). After applying the modifications, I checked the result in the userlist, everything was alright (data was correctly written to the database). But when I revisited the group settings, the group names were set to the former (default) values. Quota, Permissions, Personal Gallery settings, etc. were still correct, just the group names are always beeing reset when hitting the "Group" button.

Tested on a fresh 1.4.4 install.

TIA for your help.

mrmknet

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Usergroup names will return to default values (Bug?)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:40:44 pm »

I know my reply is more than one year late, but i installed coppermine few days ago and this problem was driving me mad, I searched a lot for a solution and this was one of the topics I ran into... At last I didn't find anyone else reporting this problem and with no reply here, I tried to look through the code to find what is causing this problem and I liked to live my attempt here as a reference for anyone later facing the same problem.

open bridge/coppermine.inc.php
find
Code: [Select]
$udb_groups = array(1 =>'Administrators', 2=> 'Registered', 3=>'Guests', 4=> 'Banned');
Remove "1 =>'Administrators', "
Or change the word administrator to the groupname you want, but when u want to change it again u will have to remodify this file (as entering the groups page will reset the group name to the value set above)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.