Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move sections easily inside a layout using widgets  (Read 4111 times)

TigerClaw

• Coppermine novice
Move sections easily inside a layout using widgets
« on: January 31, 2008, 02:15:29 am »

Ok, this feature request is asking for trouble considering the amount of work it needs but I can try  ;D

Currently is it possible to set what you want displayed only on the homepage.
Also we are using anycontent.php to add specific sections of content but you have just one anycontent and you need to modify index.php to add more.
This is not very flexible and you need to fix it after every update.
I think it would be great if all the common sections normally used in a coppermine theme became widgets similar to the "wordpress sidebar widgets".
Using widgets you can add any sections you want to any page and also write more widgets to be used (taking again wordpress as an example an RSS Feed reader)

I hope to have explained it well...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 10:49:57 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Move sections easily inside a layout using widgets
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:49:39 am »

I can see the point of your request. However, what you're up to can be accomplihsed as well using plugins or by editing the theme. The introduction of the anycontent-feature was meant to provide an easy method for newbies to accomplish something simple. If you want to accomplish something more complicated, you'll have to perform more complicated things. This being said, I doubt that your request will be coded. Instead, I suggest improving our themeing instructions in the docs to enable end users to accomplish the same thing by creating a custom theme. Marking thread as "turned down".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.