Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with albums?  (Read 3907 times)

Frankieloum

help with albums?
« on: December 12, 2007, 06:09:43 am »

I just uploaded coppermine and cannot figure out how to upload into different Album categories.
I have Member galleries and then altered items, photography,sketches etc etc

but no matter what I upload it goes into Member gallery?
Do you know how to set that up right?

www.makingmemoriesforyou.org/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: help with albums?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 07:33:30 am »

Did you read the documentation that comes with coppermine? Obviously not. You have another open thread where you ask for install help that you failed to close, so you can hardly expect that supporters will fly to the rescue if you behave like that.

Frankieloum

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:34:28 am »

Did you read the documentation that comes with coppermine? Obviously not. You have another open thread where you ask for install help that you failed to close, so you can hardly expect that supporters will fly to the rescue if you behave like that.
um ok,  I didnt read the documentation that came with it as I didnt install it and so dont have the documentation.
And as for another thread started? I wouldnt even know where that one was unless it was posted back when I was thinking I was going to download it.
Sorry, and so I gather that you dont want to help me is this correct? if so let me know.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45:47 am »

Sorry, and so I gather that you dont want to help me is this correct?

No it isn't correct. Making you read documentation is rather helping you.

Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Frankieloum

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:54:57 am »

as I mentioned, I didnt install so therefore I didn't have documentation. Thank you for sharing that file now.

I don't mean to be rude I just don't understand all the anger in here.
Have a great day, please remove my posts as I don't need anymore "help"
Thank you

Frankieloum

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:32:50 pm »

ok I read the entire documentation and it does explain how to set up the other albums to upload images into them.
It just tells how to set up A album?
If I am missing it please be kind enough to share where it is? I am sorry but I just simply do not find it.
I did go to another site that uses coppermine and hers shows all albums and you can upload into anyone, photos, layouts, altered work etc etc
On mine everything uploads just under the one User gallery and my album?
Please dont be mad, I swear I am doing my best. I am 53 and maybe not as tech savy as you are but I am trying not to bother you. Trust me I would rather not have to ask for help YET AGAIN.
 ???

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 01:46:07 pm »

Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Frankieloum

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 01:49:10 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#cat_alb_pic
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#cat_cp
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#albmgr

Choose a category different than "My Gallery" when you create albums. You can create new categories from category manager page.

I did that, I actually had 9 albums and they were all different names BUT when you go to upload there is no PULL DOWN cept showing Frankies album and users album
That is what I dont understand what step I am missing.
I did see all 3 of those threads

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:34:09 pm »

um ok,  I didnt read the documentation that came with it as I didnt install it
Docs are available here as well. That's what the link labelled "documentation" at the very top of this screen is for.

And as for another thread started? I wouldnt even know where that one was unless it was posted back when I was thinking I was going to download it.
That's why I even posted a link to your other open thread in my above reply:
You have another open thread where you ask for install help that you failed to close, so you can hardly expect that supporters will fly to the rescue if you behave like that.
Just click on the link in my reply and it will lead you to your other thread.

Sorry, and so I gather that you dont want to help me is this correct?
Didn't say so. I'm just not ready to spoon-feed you.

I don't mean to be rude I just don't understand all the anger in here.
We're not your nannies - we provide support for people who have done their homeworks, i.e. read the docs.

Have a great day, please remove my posts as I don't need anymore "help"
We never delete threads, as the whole point of running a support board is that threads remain available for others. Sadly, your postings only serve as a bad example how to misbehave.
However, I'm not sure why you continued posting after posting that you're quitting and no longer need help ::).

Frankieloum

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 08:58:08 pm »

wow, I am so confused with why this is called SUPPORT and yet for some reason I have received none?
I have been called names, and told wont spoon feed etc??? UM HELLO not everyone is as computer savy as you young men are. BUT not everyone has to be rude about it either.
Reason I posted was because I did read the document and it doesn't show how to get the albums to let you upload in different ones.
I have also had several others read it. SO with that said,I came to support forum for support?
I didnt come here to be talked down to? I am floored that whoever owns coppermine allows you gau gau to disrepsect folks the way you do.
Have you ever taken anger classes?
what the heck is this sentence?? "Sadly, your postings only serve as a bad example how to misbehave"
So I see, if you ask something that to you, "GAU GAU" is ridiculous then you misbehave?? Goodness, if my son spoke to people the way you do I would be very sad.
And yes I do still need SUPPORT for coppermine, I just don't want to be treated the way you seem to think is ok to treat someone.
So go ahead and make more rude comments, surely it someone makes you feel better.
I will figure it out somehow.
thank you.
It must be nice to know so much about computers that you can make others feel small and beneath you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.