Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem uploading images i get that red x...  (Read 2678 times)

stranac_unoci

• Coppermine newbie
Problem uploading images i get that red x...
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:34:02 am »

I tried everything that i could find in support and from others and nothing works. I created test account:

It is in the different language but you will see on the right side "Prijava" which means login...

This my album... http://livnograd.com/cpg149/index.php
Username: test
Password: testing

When you login you will find at the top it says "Dodavanje slika" that means uploading... and you know the rest... let me know what should i do to fix that problem...

Nibbler

Re: Problem uploading images i get that red x...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 02:45:43 am »

Razumijem ;)

For upload troubleshooting help you need to set single file upload mode on the groups page - that means 1 file upload box and 0 URI upload boxes for the registered users group.

stranac_unoci

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:24:06 am »

When i did that this message comes up:

"Dokument 'albums/userpics/RIMG0179.JPG' se ne mo˛e dodati u album

Ne mogu kreirati ikonu ili umanjenu sliku. "

All it says there that that image can not be uploaded on that album. Also that it can not create small thumbnail and icon.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:54:26 am »

It is in the different language but you will see on the right side "Prijava" which means login...
You appear not to have understood the language fallback concept of coppermine: for us, the navigation displays in the language we have set up in our browsers. For me, it displays in German. For Nibbler, it (usually) displays in English (or at least: it should). You can force the use of a particular language by modifying the URL accordingly. To see your page in French, I went to http://livnograd.com/cpg149/index.php?lang=french
However, I wanted to see your page in English, so I went to http://livnograd.com/cpg149/index.php?lang=english, but that didn't do the trick: you appear to have replaced the English language file with the one for your language. This is not a bright idea - if you don't want your page to be visible in English, then remove the English language file. It would be better though if you put the original file back. Did you "optimize" some other files that we should be aware of?

This being said I tried uploading with the German language set (as suggested above, the English language file would have been my favorite choice to come up with an English error message as well). This is the error message I got:
Kritischer Fehler
Das Bild 'albums/userpics/normal_actualconservatorioantiguopala.jpg' kann nicht in das Album eingefügt werden

Kann Thumbnail nicht erzeugen.
which translates into English as follows:
Critical Error
The file 'albums/userpics/normal_actualconservatorioantiguopala.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.
This usually indicates two things:
  • coppermine can't write the thumbnail because of permission reasons, so you should review the permissions on the albums folder and everything with it (refer to the corresponding section of the docs)
  • there are issues with the image library you specified (Image Magick or GD), so you should review your config sections for "Method for resizing images".

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.