Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is possible to give permission to one album each user?  (Read 7110 times)

Dakewl

• Coppermine newbie
Is possible to give permission to one album each user?
« on: December 06, 2007, 02:26:57 pm »

Let's try to explain myself.  I only want to allow to each user to be able to see one especific gallery, his own gallery so to speak. I dont want them to see others galleries.

I've been thinking about using groups options, but that would mean that I have to create as many groups as users.

I haven't seen anything about this in the FAQ.

Thanks in advance for the help.

PD. Question from a more than new newbie.

michelon

• Coppermine novice
Re: Is possible to give permission to one album each user?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:37:09 pm »

what a pitty that nobody wants to answer that question. i like to know the same thing.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »

That's not really what Coppermine is designed for, so it's quite awkward to do. One option would be to use "user galleries" exclusively and apply a minor modification (already posted somewhere) to default new user albums to "me only" visibility.

Dakewl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:19:23 am »

Well, it can look awkward, but the idea is that since I'm a photographer I want to show my work to my clients, but I don't want them to see the photos of other clients except their own photos.

michelon

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »

I have different circles of friends with some overlappings. group permissions won't work. I can't imagine I am the only one who misses that feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.