Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging User Info from CPG to osCommerce  (Read 5674 times)

trippo

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging User Info from CPG to osCommerce
« on: December 06, 2007, 03:58:47 am »

Hi
I am working on a website that will have an online store attached to it for customers to purchase products from our Boat shop.  We wanted to have an online gallery (like CPG) for our customers to use to upload any photos they have of their boat, fish, holiday etc.  We would like CPG and osCommerce to use the same user info (ie. Username and pass) so if they signed up in one area, they do not need to sign up again.

I have seen some websites that have it done.  Some have spoke about it in the forums but any contributions or files provided to do this are since unavaliable.  Does anyone have this scenario, and do they have a bridge file to make it work.

I do not want to sell photos at all.  Just have the facility for a store customer to upload photos to a gallery to show them off.

Your advice will be greatly apprieciated.

Trippo

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bridging User Info from CPG to osCommerce
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:16:50 am »

I am not aware of a bridge publicly available for osCommerce. In other words: those who accomplished this have not posted their results (which is sad).

pamelasplayroom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:45 pm »

hi all.

i am developing a site for tires & aftermarket alloy wheels etc, and i too would like to add a gallery to oscommerce where the user login & registration data was shared between oscommerce and coppermine so that customers could upload pictures of the products purchased in use & fitted to their cars, without having to create a separate account and login separately.

i have searched the forums with no luck in finding an answer.

if anyone knows how to do this (or has done it) could they please post the details. there was a mod on the oscommerce site to enable this but it has been removed and no one seems to know how to do it or where it has gone.

any help would be much appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:26:14 am »

The answer I posted above remains the same:
I am not aware of a bridge publicly available for osCommerce.
If someone has such a bridge, then he/she hasn't published it here on the coppermine site, so we're not aware of it. Chances are high though that such a bridge simply doesn't exist.

pamelasplayroom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:09:56 pm »

its a shame that if this has been done, the method has not been shared.

i have had a good look around, and i dont seem to be able to find any info on how the bridge works or is constructed.

is there some info on making a bridge that i have missed, or on what files go to make up the bridge so that i can try to reverse engineer the code and then try to apply it to osc.
i am very familiar with phpbb and oscommerce, but dont know much about coppermine, and dont want to spend ages customizing coppermine only to find that i cant get things working as i would like.

all the best.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:05:37 am »

Sorry, there is no documentation available that explains how to write bridge files, so yes: you'll have to reverse-engineer one of the existing bridge files.
From the preliminary documentation for cpg1.5.x:
Creating a custom bridge file
In theory, coppermine could be bridged with all forms of third party applications that have a user management/authentification. There are thousands of applications available that could be potential candidates. Just because of the sheer number of possible bridges, but as well because of other restrictions (non-free software, lack of time, lack of need), the coppermine devs can not come up with a huge number of bridge files. That's why there is only a comparatively small number of bridge files available. If you are looking for a bridge file for another application that is not being covered by the bridge files that come with coppermine out-of-the-box, you're welcome to search the coppermine support board if there already is an existing user-contributed bridge, or (even better) you're encouraged to come up with a bridge file of your own and publish it on the board. We (the coppermine dev team) have to rely on user contributions for most potential bridge candidates.

Sadly, there is no particular piece of documentation available (yet) that explains how to create a custom bridge file, so the best method to create your custom bridge file is to look at existing bridge files and modify one to fit your needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.