Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie player FLV files?  (Read 7039 times)

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
Movie player FLV files?
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:35:30 pm »

I don't know if it's possible to do, ??? but I would really like to use a Flash Media Player for my Movies in my Gallery which I can convert/encode with the flash media encoder and make them the same size and sound quality but with more then half of the file size gone using the FLV media format.  8)

I've come across an awesome little Flash Media Player which you can get for free and they actually help you get it working within your site, but I would like it to work within my Coppermine Gallery. Anyone feel the same, or want something like this in the future? Please raise your hand! If there was a way to hack around Coppermine to do it I would, I just don't know how to do it. With future updates of Coppermine I'd hate to hack up the code so that my gallery becomes useless when it's time to upgrade which is why I haven't really taken the first step to beg for help, but rather a request.  :-\

I hope everyone can see the power of this tool, it made me a believer the first time. I took a HiDef Pirates trailer from off of Apple's site and uncompressed it (8gb's) and then converted the site the fit into my site at 500 something x 200 something which brought it down to 10.5MB here is the video. If I could use the same player on my Coppermine Gallery, it would be fantastic! I would still use a thumbnail for the movie and point it to a .fla ;D instead of a .mov or a .avi  ::)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:46:22 am by Nibbler »

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
Re: Movie player FLV files?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:46:55 am »

Sorry folks, after I posted this only did I find a MOD for the FLV files.

However in the future if the FLV can be implemented into the file system along with the player, I think that would help out a lot of people that seem to be having issues with the player getting it to work correctly. Food for thought.  8)

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:46:09 am »

We can't bundle non-Free software with Coppermine.

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 12:58:40 am »

The Flash Video Player is free software though... you even had the creator come here and show your Coppermine users how to get her player (Script) to work within Coppermine. I think all you'd need to do is ask if she would provide her 2 cents in as far as coding, and give her credit on her flash player script so that it's an other format alternative that (excuse the pun) works out of the box.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 01:09:15 am »

It's free of charge for non-commercial use only. Any restrictions placed on use makes it non-Free.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:13:10 am »

From http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Player:
LICENSING
This script is licensed under a Creative Commons License. It allows you to use and modify the script for noncommercial purposes. For commercial use, I distribute licenses of the script for 15 euros. For more info and instant ordering, please advance to my online order page!
Not exactly free software indeed ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.