Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Scroller - based on iTunes [link to Intermediate]  (Read 254685 times)

KB

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Image Scroller - based on iTunes [link to Intermediate]
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2008, 01:07:09 am »

Sorry. It's been a long day. I've updated the attachment one more time.

Absolutely perfect... Many many thanks!!

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
    • muvipix - Music | Video | Pictures
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2008, 12:15:10 pm »

Well - the good news is that the scrolling looks great...

The not-so-good news is that the only clickable area to hit the gallery is a gray box that sits on top of the middle picture... :)

Did you receive my PM?

KB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:45 pm »

Did you receive my PM?

I did, and "responded". 

If you get an urge to do more work on this, I do have a few suggestions (nothing I need, just improvements all around):

1.)  Same functionality in the 900x400 format - I could definitely see using this on future sites.
2.)  Talking pseudo-code, since I don't know Flash at all - after a click event on a side pic to bring it to the middle of the viewer, it would be nice to reset the slideshow timer/counter.  Occasionally, I'll click on a slide to bring it to the center of the scroller, and fraction of a second later, it will scroll (I'm guessing the timer just expired and said "scroll!").  Not a bug, not a complaint, just a thought for a future revision.
3.)  Just a suggestion, but I say you should think about setting up a download page for these mods somewhere, since there are so many versions of this (and your other mods) floating around (diff sizes, scaling, titles, clickable, etc.) and link back to these forums for setup/troubleshooting discussions.  I'd suggest a PayPal donations link on that download site as well.  Believe me, I'm all about the free stuff, but when someone puts time and effort into something with such a great (and useful) result, I'm all for a donation to say "thanks", and I'd encourage other users of this mod to do the same...

In the meantime, I'll be keeping an eye out for new developments!

Thanks again!

K

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2008, 12:19:39 pm »

Quote from: KB
I did, and "responded".
Hm, never received the response (PM).

1.)  Same functionality in the 900x400 format - I could definitely see using this on future sites.
Let me know when you need it. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

2.)  Talking pseudo-code, since I don't know Flash at all - after a click event on a side pic to bring it to the middle of the viewer, it would be nice to reset the slideshow timer/counter.  Occasionally, I'll click on a slide to bring it to the center of the scroller, and fraction of a second later, it will scroll (I'm guessing the timer just expired and said "scroll!").  Not a bug, not a complaint, just a thought for a future revision.
I could easily just turn off the slideshow. Or perhaps create a button/link to start/stop it, but I think it then becomes a bit busy (MO).

3.)  Just a suggestion, but I say you should think about setting up a download page for these mods somewhere, since there are so many versions of this (and your other mods) floating around (diff sizes, scaling, titles, clickable, etc.) and link back to these forums for setup/troubleshooting discussions.  I'd suggest a PayPal donations link on that download site as well.  Believe me, I'm all about the free stuff, but when someone puts time and effort into something with such a great (and useful) result, I'm all for a donation to say "thanks", and I'd encourage other users of this mod to do the same...
Ah, most of my time is spent on my new website (muvipix.com).

I rarely have time for these mods lately, but it does tend to break the monotony on occasion. Just trying to give back to the CPG community. I have 6 of them that I maintain, mostly family sites. I always recommend it to others.

raduen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2008, 06:20:20 pm »

This is GREATE
Just one question.
Maybe i missed it, but is there a way to call a javscript function instead of a direct link to the displayimage.php ? (xml)
I want to make a highslide function call instead of the displayimage.php.

thanks

KB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2008, 04:17:50 pm »

Just a note on a minor issue I found (and it could be just me using the wrong version, due to all the swapping in-out of the flow_link.php)

In this section of the flow_link.php:

I commented this row:
//$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
[etc...]

Because it was fetching twice before writing data (once for the commented row, and once for the while statement.  This caused the first record in the result set from MySql to be skipped, resulting in the loss of one pic... 

Nothing major, I fixed mine, but just in case you wanted to re-post the flow_link.php or in case anyone else was having issues. 

russell235

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2008, 08:11:54 pm »

how do you change the width without changing the height?  I want to make it span across the top of my gallery without making the height too big, but it seems you can't change one without changing the other.

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:34 pm »

This is GREATE
Just one question.
Maybe i missed it, but is there a way to call a javscript function instead of a direct link to the displayimage.php ? (xml)
I want to make a highslide function call instead of the displayimage.php.

thanks

I don't think JavaScript would work, wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

@KB - Thanks, never even noticed that redundancy.

how do you change the width without changing the height?  I want to make it span across the top of my gallery without making the height too big, but it seems you can't change one without changing the other.

You should be able to just change the width in the Flash script. May skew though. What width/height are you looking for?

russell235

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2008, 07:54:47 pm »

You should be able to just change the width in the Flash script. May skew though. What width/height are you looking for?

about 800 x 250px.  I can't find anywhere that width is defined in the java script file, but i wouldn't expect it to be.  in the html file, i can change it, but i suspect proportions are defined in the swf or something because it won't skew, but it won't increase in width past about 550, unless i increase my height past 250. 

I thought your non-linkable version allowed you to customize your width, but it's been a while so i could be wrong.

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
800X250
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2008, 12:50:06 pm »

Try the attached. Changed the dimensions to 800x250. Ensure you change the dimensions in the html code as well.

russell235

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2008, 06:08:28 pm »

the width is perfect, thank you.  this version doesn't display the titles though. :(

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
800x250 w/description
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2008, 07:23:53 pm »

the width is perfect, thank you.  this version doesn't display the titles though. :(

Attached 800x250 w/description.

manyquestions

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2008, 01:36:12 pm »

Thanks rphMedia a great tool, it worked well, but i can´t link to the original pix by clicking on the scrolling images  :'(

What should i do that when you click on a small thumb you will be redirected to the orginal at display image ... ??

Thanks

KB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:04 pm »

For anyone testing Safari 3.1.1 on Windows... if you get this error:

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: http://YOURDOMAIN.COM/flow_link.swf cannot load data from http://muvipix.com/cpg/flow.php.
   at com.afcomponents.flowlist::FlowList/set contentXML()
   at flow_link_fla::MainTimeline/flow_link_fla::__setProp_myFlow_Scene1_Layer2_1()
   at flow_link_fla::MainTimeline$iinit()

Just update the Flash plugin for Safari at the adobe site, and all will be well. 

jimmyeao

• Coppermine newbie
    • Digital Fix
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2008, 08:10:01 pm »

Great mod, after a bit of fumbling (should have read the instructions first ::) ) got it working great. Just one question, is it possible to change the speed it runs at?

jimmyeao

• Coppermine newbie
    • Digital Fix
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2008, 09:53:08 pm »

Anyone got this working on a bridged installation with PHPBB3.0.1?
I reinstalled my site, bridged, now I can't get it to work again  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2008, 10:13:30 pm »

Don't clutter this thread with totally unrelated questions. Your bridging issue is not the subject of this thread.

jimmyeao

• Coppermine newbie
    • Digital Fix
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2008, 12:04:55 am »

Fair enough. I have eliminated bridging as the cause of my problems now anyhow..

I get no pictures, just an empty box with no picture..
tried clearing the cache, deleting temp files/cookies, have double checked my scripts..

Code: [Select]
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Flow Link Example</title>
<script language="javascript">AC_FL_RunContent = 0;</script>
<script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="javascript"></script>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#000000" scroll="auto">
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0"><tr align="center" valign="middle"><td>
<script language="javascript">
if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0) {
alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.");
} else {
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0',
'width', '800',
'height', '250',
'src', 'flow_link',
                                        'FlashVars', 'xmlPath=http://www.digitalfix.org/flow_link.php', <!--Absolute path to 'flow.php'-->
'quality', 'high',
'pluginspage', 'http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer',
'align', 'middle',
'play', 'true',
'loop', 'true',
'scale', 'showall',
'wmode', 'transparent',
'devicefont', 'false',
'id', 'flow_link',
'bgcolor', '#000000',
'name', 'flow_link',
'menu', 'true',
'allowFullScreen', 'false',
'allowScriptAccess','always',
'movie', 'flow_link',
'salign', ''
); //end AC code
}
</script>
</td></tr></table>
</body>
</html>

and

<?php
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');
$path=$CONFIG['site_url'];
$xml '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<content>';
if ($FORBIDDEN_SET != "") $FORBIDDEN_SET = "AND $FORBIDDEN_SET";
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename LIKE '%.jpg' ORDER BY pid DESC LIMIT 20");
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$type = max($row['pwidth'], $row['pheight']) > $CONFIG['picture_width'] ? 'thumb' : 'thumb';
$xml .= "<image><path><![CDATA[" . $path . get_pic_url($row, $type) . "]]></path><description><![CDATA[" . $row['title'] . "]]></description><data><![CDATA[" . $path . "displayimage.php?pos=-" . $row['pid'] . "]]></data></image>";
}
$xml .= '</content>';
echo $xml;
?>

jimmyeao

• Coppermine newbie
    • Digital Fix
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2008, 01:10:20 pm »

Don't clutter this thread with totally unrelated questions. Your bridging issue is not the subject of this thread.

FYI, my issue was not with bridging, it was with the scroller not working after successfully bridiging. I would have PMed this, but your sig says not to..
I think the -1 Karma is a bit harsh? Im still new (and learning) to all of this, and look to forums such as this for help and advice, and thoughtful guidance from the moderators.

jimmyeao

• Coppermine newbie
    • Digital Fix
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

OK, for those of you that want to use this on a bridged installation of coppermine and phpbb3..

the select statement in the flow_link.php was tring to read the images from a non-existant table in the phpbb databse instead of the coppermine database. to fix this, it has to be hard coded so:
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM [u][i]user_copperminedatabase[/i].cpg_pictures[/u] AS p WHERE filename LIKE '%.jpg' ORDER BY pid DESC LIMIT 20");
next I found that it was also using the wrong user to perform the select, so in mysql admin, I had to give the phpb1 user rights to the copp1 database.

Now it is all working.
I hope the above helps someone, and apologies to the mods if this is posted in the wrong place!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.