Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: url link to specific album  (Read 10583 times)

mangotangoe

• Coppermine newbie
url link to specific album
« on: October 28, 2003, 07:38:06 am »

how can i provide a specific url to one of my albums. I want to share this public album to friends.
searched to no avail...
Thanks. Fantastic prog.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 08:38:33 am »

share a link? Like, posting the url you can see in the address bar of your browser? This copy-and-paste thingy? Here you go: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/thumbnails.php?album=2  :wink:
If that's not what you meant then please be more specific in your posting (basically I don't understand your question).

GauGau

mangotangoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 06:42:11 pm »

well, yes that was helpfull....
what i've done is remove some of the navigational components with the theme i am using.
what i realy want is to be able to give a specific url to a "friend/family" that will direct them into a specific album. i would like to share this album for their viewing, but then again restrict them from viewing my other albums.
ie. set up an album of a golf tournament pics. and send everyone the link to view it.... but i don't want to allow them to see another personal albums. All this without having them register.
By removing some of the navigation, i've only made it a "little" bit less obvious that there are other albums.
Any help appreciated. Thanks....

mb67

• Coppermine newbie
Re: url link to specific album
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:17:13 pm »

Hi,

I'm not that bothered about trying to lock out or dissuade other users from looking at other albums but I would like to be able to set up hyperlinks from my web site directly into a specific album. When I navigate around the front end of Coppermine the URL does not change. Consquently when I set a URL up it links to the 'home' page of the coppermine installation.

See here: http://www.ecclestonstmaryschurch.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=78  I would like to link directly to the Puppet Show...

Regards,

Phil

Nibbler

Re: url link to specific album
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:02:23 am »

You can't do that with an iframe. Hence the the expression 'iframes suck'. We don't support the joomla wrapper anyway.

Don't post to ancient threads, locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.