Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My own Stupidity.  (Read 1598 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
My own Stupidity.
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »

This morning I received a number of emailed telling me my website was down. I investigated and indeed it was. My first thought was to see if I could ftp to it but no, I could not.

All guns blazing I contacted my host. A little investigation from them revealed that my site had been hacked and most of the data, my database etc had been overwritten with phishing junk and the site had been taken down by the host for my protection.

They had traced the invasion down to an old version of coppermine that I just kept there for testing purposes. Now I do not know how the scumbags did it but I do know it was my fault for leaving the door open. I should have known better :-[ . Especially as I work in IT support. ::)

Luckily for me I keep daily backups of the database and weekly backups of active data so I did not loose anything aside from the 5hrs it took to put right.

The Moral.... If it says mandatory update then do it. Do not put it off. The coppermine team say it for a reason and are doing their best to protect us.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:03:33 am by GauGau »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.