Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg on a domain. photos on another domain  (Read 2300 times)

Majere

• Coppermine newbie
cpg on a domain. photos on another domain
« on: November 26, 2007, 10:52:41 pm »

Hi everybody and thank you for this wonderful opensource work.
I ask you a question because i've a problem... I hope you will resolve it for me, thanks in advance:
I have got two domains: the first only with HTML support but with 10 gigabyte of webspace, the second with PHP/MySQL support, but only with  150 megabyte of webspace....
Is there a plugin or something else to let me to insert the photos i have on my first domain (i only can save my photos on my first domain, 10 gigabytes of space!! ;D ) on cpg i have on the second?? (i can't save my photos on the second domain, only 150 megabytes!! :-[ )
I hope there is... thank you... I'm waiting for an answer lol....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:00:25 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cpg on a domain. photos on another domain
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:51:28 am »

No. Has been asked very often already. Coppermine doesn't support remote storage.

Majere

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »

Thanks for the answer, i hope cpg will support this soon... ;)
If someone knows an another gallery cms that support remote storage can send the name and the site to me via private message please?
Please don't ban me, coppermine is wonderful, i know it, but i really need remote storage support  :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:00:06 pm »

Thanks for the answer, i hope cpg will support this soon... ;)
Nope - the dev team will definitely not add remote storage as a feature in future versions, as it would lead to bandwidth theft - we don't want to see coppermine in the light of an app that encourages people to steal bandwidth. I understand that in your case you are up to steal your own bandwidth, but if the feature existed, it would be abused. Has been discussed in detail - please review those discussions if you want a more detailed answer.

If someone knows an another gallery cms that support remote storage can send the name and the site to me via private message please?
There is no support by PM, so please everybody ignore that Majere requested to be PMed. If somebody knows an answer, please post publicly by replying to this thread. You (Majere) can subricbe to this thread (click the "notify" tab) to get an email if someone should reply here. The whole point of a forum is that answers become available for others as well.

Please don't ban me, coppermine is wonderful, i know it, but i really need remote storage support  :-\
Why should we ban you? Just because you're looking for another app? Come on, that's not a reason to ban someone. You can get banned here only for massive abuse (repeatedly not respecting board rules or posting board spam or similar crap). You will definitely not get banned for asking for another solution than coppermine. However, the main "competitors" of coppermine (although you can't put it this way, since coppermine is an open source app) are Menalto gallery and 4images. Both of them don't come with remote storage support afaik.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.