Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding same picture to multiple albums  (Read 3671 times)

parabola

• Coppermine newbie
Adding same picture to multiple albums
« on: November 27, 2007, 10:37:27 am »

Hi all!

Is it possible to add the same picture to multiple albums?

Let's say, I have a few "traveling" albums but also want to add all portraits I took during traveling under another "portrait" album. Can this be done?

Alternatively, is it possible to *tag* all the portrait pictures with a "portrait" tag and a dynamic portrait album could pick them up?

Regards,
parabola
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 09:00:10 am by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Adding same picture to multiple albums
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 11:04:34 am »

from the docs
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#album_prop

In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.) Each album can only have ONE (1) keyword or keyword phrase. All pictures residing in different albums that you would like to be displayed in this album must have the same keyword or keyword phrase in their respective keyword fields. Pictures, unlike albums can have multiple keywords or keyword phrases separated by spaces. This provides you with the option to display pictures in many albums. For the visitor of these albums, it will appear as if the file/image had been uploaded to each.

parabola

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:22:27 pm »

Thanks for the info! Sorry, I should have RTFM first...

Now I've tagged my photos with keyword and set up albums with Album Keyword. There's 2 problem:

1. As I'm not planning to "hard" add any photos in this Keyword Album, it doesn't let me set an album thumbnail as it says "Album is empty". Is there any way to get around this?

2. At the album list view, it would show that my Keyword Album has 0 files, although u'll many files if u actually click into it. Is it possible to fix this? Or at least, NOT show the number of files in this album?

Regards,
parabola

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:45:04 pm »

You can set the album thumbnail manually in the db if you feel comfortable doing that. For the album list view, either enable the config option to show the number of linked file or search the board for instructions to remove it completely.

parabola

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:15:36 pm »

I tried...

It still shows no thumbnail after setting it manually in the db. (UPDATE cpg_albums SET thumb = 7362 WHERE aid =95) I'm sure that thumb 7362 is valid because I just copied from the previous row. Is there some piece of code that tries to be smart and doesn't bother showing album thumbnail if number of pics in the album is zero?

Enable the config option to show the number of linked file works great! Thanks a lot!

Regards,
parabola

tomy77

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:02:01 pm »

thanks for explaining how it works but i have another problem.

i have

- album with access only for restricted users
- album with public access

what i would like to do is to link some pictures from the album which is only accessible by registered users to the album which is public. using the keywords i can place the same image in the two albums but it seems that the pictures areny visible for guests. the album which si accessible for publib is viewable, but even if coppermine tells that there are 8 picutres (which are the linked ones from the restricted album), theese images aren't visible.

any idea how to solve this problem ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:58:26 pm »

thanks for explaining how it works but i have another problem.
Then start a thread of your own instead of hijacking someone else's thread. >:(

tomy77

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:55:44 am »

if you could read you noticed that the problems quite simmilar. anyway, was able to solve it

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:06:47 am »

Then you should have posted what you did to solve your issues, for the benefit of others with similar issues instead of just ranting. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.