Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coppermine & phpbb wont stay bridged  (Read 5235 times)

r1tuners

• Coppermine newbie
coppermine & phpbb wont stay bridged
« on: November 24, 2007, 10:18:20 pm »

okay, im extremely comfused by this issue.  I bridged coppermine and phpbb 2.0.22 last night.  Right away all the albums in coppermine dissapeared, I created new albums and all seemed well.  This morning i tried logging in and it wouldnt let me, i tried the url of my bridgemgr.php and it allowed me to disable the bridge, i checked the settings and all looked good so i re-enabled the bridge.  my problem now is i try to login and it brings me to the php login page, i enter the name and password and it brings me to my coppermine page not logged in..... if i do this a few times it will let me in but nothing works, it will either say i dont have permission for something or it just takes me to my index.... i tried the bridgemgr.pjp pnce again to disable the bridge and it says i have no permission, im completely lost..... here are my settings:

Coppermine install: http://r1tuners.com/gallery/
Forum install: http://r1tuners.com/phpbb/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: phpbb v.2.0.22
Test user account: test/00000000

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://r1tuners.com/phpbb
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../phpbb/ 
Use post-based groups?:  No

Nibbler

Re: coppermine & phpbb wont stay bridged
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:35:53 pm »

Bridge is not enabled. Update your gallery.

r1tuners

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 10:38:15 pm »

im sorry, my coppermine version is 1.4.10.....

r1tuners

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 10:45:39 pm »

I'm still confused, it all of a sudden works...... i went into my udpate.php file in coppermine and everything seems to be working now, did that fix everything?  the bridge disabled on its own, somewhere around when i did the update, i logged in and everything is working.... if that was my problem i really appreciate the help Nibbler.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 12:26:40 pm »

im sorry, my coppermine version is 1.4.10.....
That's why you're suppossed to upgrade - most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.14, so you're running 4 versions behind.

r1tuners

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:30:30 pm »

Still having problems, worked great for a day now when i login on the gallery page it brings me to the ph login page, i use the admin login and it brings me back to the galler homepage not logged in.  if i try it a second time it brings me to the main forum page, if i follow that login it brings me to the same php login page and it allows the login.  i can then close the browser and go to my gallery logged in.  is there an easier way to update? i went through my coppermine folder and used the update.php file, it appears to only update what i have changed in the site.  just now i used the update.php file again and tried logging out, said i had an invalid session, went and logged out in php and now the gallery works again. i tried the version check to make sure it is 1.4.10 and that said i didnt have permission.  the update.php did tell me that the upgrade from v1.2 to 1.4.10 was successful though..... any insight id appreciate it.  thanks, john

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 07:36:24 pm »

Set your phpbb cookie domain to .r1tuners.com and then clear your cookies. Then update your gallery following the instructions provided in the manual. Don't run the upgrade script for 1.2 -> 1.4 since you are already running 1.4.

r1tuners

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 02:42:57 am »

i went through and updated as per the instructions, after completion i ran the update.php and used the link at the botton to check the file version.  my version check file doesnt work at all, i get an internet explorer error message saying the file is empty.  not sure if that matters or not.  i am still having an issue with the login though, i'll try to login, put my user and pass in then it refreshes back to the main gallery page with the option to login, i tried 3 times and all was the same so i closed my browser and reset my local cookies and re-tried it once again, this time it redirected me to the forum main page.  im going to go through file by file and see if im missing anything from what i uploaded, that empty version error has me curious if there were extra files in the 1.4.10 that the new version didnt cover up.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 10:07:02 am »

Login works fine for me now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 15 queries.