Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add Files - No Thumbnails, No Insert Results  (Read 2270 times)

JCHoefer

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add Files - No Thumbnails, No Insert Results
« on: November 23, 2007, 11:25:57 pm »

I'm recreating my gallery on a new host.  Up until this point everything has worked fine.

I have many files that won't add properly.  When I go into "Batch Add Files" and select the folder, all the pictures  have the red "x" graphic.  After selecting the correct album and "inserting", the result is also a red "x" and none get added to the album.

My first thought was the files were somehow corrupt.  But after re-uploading and re-setting permissions they still did not work.

Then I thought perhaps the files were too big, even though others that worked were well within the same range (768KB - 6MB).  So I optimized them to under 3.5MB and tried again.  No joy.

Then I thought maybe the resolution was too high.  The ones I was attempting to add were 8MP (3264 x 2448).  So I resampled them to 2938 x 2204.  Still had the same result.

My 6MP images (3008 x 2000) will display the thumbnails, but will not insert.

It didn't work until I brought the resolution to 5MP or less.  Then I got thumbnails and they inserted properly.

I had no problems on my old server, so Im not sure if it's a problem with my new server, or with the version of Coppermine (new is 1.4.14, old is 1.3.4).  The config panel is basically identical between the two (outside of version change differences).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nibbler

Re: Batch Add Files - No Thumbnails, No Insert Results
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 11:30:27 pm »

Classic case of resource limitations. If you are on shared hosting then you will always have your share of the server power limited by your webhost. Images that large (ie. larger than your screen) are not generally suitable for the web in the first place.

JCHoefer

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch Add Files - No Thumbnails, No Insert Results
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:35:25 pm »

OK.

I always liked having the full-res versions available for my family.

Bummer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.