Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme "Classic_Nifty" with rounded corners  (Read 7970 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Theme "Classic_Nifty" with rounded corners
« on: November 21, 2007, 06:33:18 pm »

Inspired by a posting about a theme with rounded corners made by gav240z I have created a custom theme for cpg1.4.x named "classic_nifty" that is based on the classic theme that ships with coppermine.
The "classic_nifty" theme features the free JavaScript/CSS library "Nifty Corners Cube" by Alessandro Fulciniti that is being released under GNU GPL. This piece of JavaScript creates nicely-rounded corners. The corner rounding will only be visible if the visitor has JavaScript enabled, but will fallback to non-rounded corners if JavaScript is disabled.

Additionally, the theme contains the round rating images provided by Snork13.

Please understand that I will not provide support for the "Nifty Corners Cube" library nor for the "classic_nifty" theme - consider it a "proof-of-concept" theme. If you want to modify it or have issues with it, you're on your own with this.
I have tested it on Firefox 2.0.0.9 and Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 on Windows XP SP2.
As the JavaScript makes use of the onload event, you might have issues if you have other custom JavaScript on yor page using that event trigger as well. Please understand that I will not explain this in detail - it is being covered on other internet pages in detail what you can do about this.

You can preview the theme on the demo and download it from our downloads section.

I have attached some screenshots of the theme.

Have fun

Joachim Müller (aka "GauGau")

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Theme "Classic_Nifty" with rounded corners
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:51:11 pm »

Great piece of work. I tried to do it with nifty corners but couldn't stop it from affecting other elements om my custom theme.

I've just experimented with your version and it works brilliantly with my custom theme. I'll add it to my site once I've comleted the other mods I use.

Many thanks.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.