Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pictures table crashed, won't repair  (Read 2945 times)

AntihopE

• Coppermine newbie
    • My Coppermine Gold Album
pictures table crashed, won't repair
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:10:42 am »

I tried to delete a few pictures, then tried to add the pictures (or maybe in some other order), since I wanted to change their rotation.  I guess I tried a few times.  Then the DB crashed. 

Here's the error:

While executing query "SELECT count(*) FROM cpg1410_pictures as p, cpg1410_albums as a WHERE p.aid = a.aid AND approved='YES' AND category >= 10000 and a.aid NOT IN (41,58,89) " on 0

mySQL error: Table './words/cpg1410_pictures' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

So, I went into PhPMyAdmin and typed in :
repair table cpg1410_pictures;

It responded:
 words.cpg1410_pictures       repair       status       Table is already up to date

I have tried to repair all of the tables.. The other ones repair, and this one gives the same error.

http://www.antihope.com/cpg

I have set it to debug mode.  The page doesn't even load in Firefox, just bad page script.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: pictures table crashed, won't repair
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:24:49 am »

If a table is crashed beyond repair the only option is to restore it from a previous backup. See
A crashed table is just that: it is broken. The repair command (no matter if it is issued using phpMyAdmin or directly on the shell) tries to repair the table. It may or may not be capable to repair it.
[...]
If an incident like this happens (i.e. if a mysql table crashes), you perform the repair command and hope that it will be capable to fix it. It not, restore the backup that you must have taken earlier.
There is no guarantee that the repair command will be able to repair a table. The message your get when running the repair command just says that phpMyAdmin was able to run the repair query, that's it. It doesn't mean that everything will then be fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.