Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow Only 1 Vote Per Member  (Read 2820 times)

pftq

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Allow Only 1 Vote Per Member
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:25:26 am »

Is there a way to base Voting on the member account rather than IP? If not, what files should I look at to make the adjustment myself?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Allow Only 1 Vote Per Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:17:38 am »

This is how voting currently works: logged in users can vote only once per pic, even if their IP address changes, as the fact that the user has voted on a particular pic is being recorded in the database. If you allow anonymous comments, voting is cookie-based. Voting permission never is based on IP address in Coppermine. The IP address is only being recorded for logging purposes.
Subsequently, I can't recommend anything, as you request something that already exists. Post more details of what you're trying to accomplish.

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:45:25 pm »

That is very strange. ??? I justed tested this and by switching computers and relogging in - it allowed me to vote again.  I checked the logs and it shows both my votes (each from different IPs).

I have guests disabled so it cannot be the anonymous voting can it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 07:05:36 pm »

Hm, that's strange indeed. Needs looking into. Let me check on this later. Please bump this thread if I should forget about it in two or three days.

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 06:03:27 pm »

Any luck? What files are the code in? Perhaps I can make a few cheap edits real quick because a few people are abusing this. ???

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 06:19:48 pm »

ratepic.php. Look at the code under

Code: [Select]
// Check if user already rated this picture
Make sure that is working as expected. Perhaps you have manually modifed the 'keep_votes_time' setting.

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 06:28:23 pm »

Nope I've never opened that file.  :-\

Here's the code currently in my file:
Code: [Select]
// Check if user already rated this picture
$user_md5_id = USER_ID ? md5(USER_ID) : $USER['ID'];
$sql = "SELECT * " . "FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_VOTES']} " . "WHERE pic_id = '$pic' AND user_md5_id = '$user_md5_id'";
$result = cpg_db_query($sql);
if (mysql_num_rows($result)) cpg_die(ERROR, $lang_rate_pic_php['already_rated'], __FILE__, __LINE__);
//Test for Self-Rating
$user=USER_ID;
$owner=$row['owner_id'];

However, I just checked and the keep_votes_time in my table says 30... maybe that's why.  (The videos are over a month old) Is there a way to just disable this and keep all votes? (without editing the ratepics.php)

Edit: Nope.. set it to 999 and still able to rate files a second time.

K I edited the ratepics file so it writes some of the results to a file.  Here's what I got:
DELETE FROM cpg_votes WHERE vote_time < 1109613441 ~ Vote time
SELECT * FROM cpg_votes WHERE pic_id = '294' AND user_md5_id = 'c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b' ~ 0 Results

So apparently it's not retrieving the rows correctly... (yes I checked the previous votes, my vote from over a month ago is still in there, but with a different IP.)

Edit2: Bleh, nevermind. :P I didn't see that the votes cleanup affected all pictures.  It must be that the pictures I'm testing (since they're over a month old) already have the votes wiped clean.  Again, is there an option to disable this?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:02:52 pm by pftq »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.