Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number of picture hits not updated 1.4.14  (Read 3506 times)

lanfan

• Coppermine newbie
Number of picture hits not updated 1.4.14
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:28:34 pm »

Tried 1.4.13 first and had no problems with it. Then I saw the security update and tried it but I get no updates on the "hits" column in the cpg14x_pictures table. Nor the "lasthit_ip". I turned on debug and all I see is "select bla, bla. No update ...
Has this turned into a "must enable feature" or what? (Can't any enable for it.)

I started to use it with a bridge to Joomla 1.5rc3 but now I have a simple standalone, out of the zip install, in a separate database with dba permissions, one album, one picture install. Still...not! ???

Any ideas?

cheers, \\LF
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:26:19 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Number of picture hits not updated 1.4.14
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:39:26 pm »

Hits by admins are not counted. This has been the case for some time now.

lanfan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 09:54:57 pm »

I have tried both as logged in as admin and not. I also created a standard user but still no hits. I have enabled detailed statistics and there are no updates to the database on this table either. I also drilled down and edited the picture and cleared the hit counter from that page and the I got this sql query:
 DELETE FROM cpg14x_hit_stats WHERE pid = '1' (0.007s)

I didn't expect this to only clear the detailed stats but also the "hits" field in cpg14x_pictures table. Am I completely wrong here?

thx, \\LF

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 09:57:05 pm »

Yeah; when you modify the database directly you are bypassing Coppermine completely. Post a link to your gallery so we can test.

lanfan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 10:01:38 pm »

It's a non public test host. Cannot give access. I haven't done anything directly to the sql ofcourse. It's just a snippet from the debug log.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:10:09 pm »

OK, well the criteria for counting a hit are:

• User is not admin
  • Pic is not a repeat view (ie. pic is not in the last 4 pics viewed by the user)
  • User is accepting cookies. (also means cookie settings have to be correct server-side; cookie name and path in config must be valid)

lanfan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 10:18:01 pm »

hmm, I just tried the very same thing on another host and there it works fine. The main different thing is that the new host is not running php in safe mode. I'm stuck with safe_mode on my host that I will use. I will roll back to .13 and try again, without the Joomla stuff also. I will digg deeper...

Thanks for your time, cheers, \\LF

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 10:19:06 pm »

I doubt it's related to safe mode.

lanfan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »

I got a hit  ;D ! I made a new directory name and uploaded a completely new picture and then I got the hit. I have been using the very same images and the same directory names in my albums for every test I have made. And I have been testing much to integrade with Joomla and to learn Coppermine. Both are new to me.
I tried to delete my cookies related to the site but that didn't help. Computers really are timekillers.

cheers, \\LF

lanfan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 10:54:36 pm »

Clearing cookie and cache will generate hits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.