Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add Files ---> User Galleries Album  (Read 7727 times)

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add Files ---> User Galleries Album
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:31:50 am »

Hey CPG'ers

I've trawled through much of the CPG doco and this Forum but am unable to find a solution to the task I'm attempting to achieve.  Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction ;)

I would like the ability to Batch Add Files to an album that exists in the User Galleries category.

- Have uploaded/ftp'd the files to the 'albums' directory on my server.
 - Permissions have been set to 777.
 - When I (as admin account) select Batch Add Files --> select required Directory --> and then 'Put Files Of "required_directory" Into'... there is no option to select the desired User Galleries album?
 - Only the albums/categories created by the admin account seem to be visible.

As the administrator, I would have thought this account could access registered user accounts for such purposes as mentioned.  Then again, I suppose I can see security/privacy issues surrounding such access.

Summing up, I just need to know if/how the admin account can perform the Batch Add Files function to place the ftp'd album directory to an existing User Galleries album.

Thanx.

- TZ!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:33:47 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch Add Files ---> User Galleries Album
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:43 am »

Thanx muchly GauGau... rapid & accurate response too ;)

Looks like I'm not going to get the functionality I need... too much recoding involved, apparently :(   Though, the Dev Team have somewhat left the possibility open for adding this function into v1.5.x - wont hold my breath.

Unfortunately that post has been classified as "Fixed", so I'm unable to lobby on the side of the user [wprowe] who originally raised this request, all the way back in early `06.

"Fixed" meaning that the previously available 'buggy' option is NO LONGER AVAILABLE... oi vey!

Back to the drawing board for me ::)

Thanx again GauGau.

- TZ!

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:07:30 am »

Hey GauGau (or other Administrators :)

Some further trawling found this post @ coppermine-gallery.net > No Support > Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks > Mods: Uploading > Topic: Admin upload pics to user's galery:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26386.0

In that thread, a Dev Team Member [Abbas Ali] posted a php scripting Mod/Hack for uploading & creating albums in User Galleries from the admin account.  This pertained only for uploading to user's album using the http upload method.  Abbas Ali went on to suggest that a new thread be created for a Batch Add mod/hack request but the user [josephl] failed to do so.

Further on (in same thread), a CPG newbie [jans] posted a hack for the Batch Add request, however, one user stated that this did not work and nobody else has commented about it.  Needless to say, I don't want to muck around with coding that a newbie has posted :P

In short, could a CPG Administrator please forward/move my thread (this one) to the section noted above, in response to Abbas Ali's request... unless, of course, this has been superseded by the thread GauGau hyperlinked in his original reply - which would be another downer.

Looking forward to your response.

- TZ!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:47:22 am »

In short, could a CPG Administrator please forward/move my thread (this one) to the section noted above, in response to Abbas Ali's request... unless, of course, this has been superseded by the thread GauGau hyperlinked in his original reply - which would be another downer.
No, can't do that: the board "coppermine-gallery.net > No Support > Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks" is for actual, existing mods, not for mod requests or coding discussions. Board description:
Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks
The Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks board is for actual mods and hacks contributions. It is not for requests for mods and hacks. Regular users are not able to post new threads to prevent this board from being cluttered by requests. If you want to contribute and are unable to create a new thread here, please post your contribution in the support boards under the correct version. A moderator will move the thread if it is a valid contribution. Next to each thread's subject, you'll find a little icon that says what version the mods on this sub-board have been written for or tested with (if applicable). Please do not clutter the individual threads by asking if the particular mod will or will not work with another coppermine version than the one it has originally been created with/for.
. Sticky thread coppermine-gallery.net > No Support > Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks > About this board - READ

Your thread is fine here, you're welcome to come up with a hack that does what you're up to here or ask for help or review.

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 03:05:17 am »

OK, I understand your quote, GauGau.  What has thrown me off course, was the request in that forum by Abbas Ali (a Dev Team Member) requesting that a new thread be created to address a mod/hack for Batch Add Files to User Galleries albums.  Something which quite a few members have been seeking, judging by the user responses to Abbas' http upload hack... and the attempt of a newbie to create a batch add hack... and the discussion which was generated by the cpg1.4 Testing/Bugs thread that you originally posted in this thread.

Anyhow, since I can't request a mod/hack, can I request that this thread be moved to the coppermine-gallery.net > No Support > Feature requests > Scheduled for cpg1.5.x ?

Else, should I start a new one in that forum?  Or should I just make the assumption that this is lost cause?

Looking forward to your suggestion.  Have a great day mate ;)

- TZ!

P.S.  If anyone else out in the CPG Universe is well versed in php mods/hacks and has a solution for my woes (apart from taking to a bottle of the Devil's Juice), I would dearly love to hear of them.  Thanking you all.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 06:51:22 am »

Won't move this thread to the "scheduled" board, as it is already is on the (devlonly) todo-list. Not sure if it will make it into the core though. Your request goes noted.
Workaround is to batch-add your files to a public album and then batch-move the pics from there to the personal album, which is pretty straightforward.

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 07:28:57 am »

GauGau, thanx for the info regarding the 'devlonly' todo-list.

As for your workaround... I'm now baffled.  As admin, I created a Public Album (no category) and performed the Batch-Add, but how the heck do I...

batch-move the pics from there to the personal album, which is pretty straightforward.

I must be on a different planet to you, at the moment :P   I mean, is there a "batch-move" function within CPG, if so, I can't find it?  If you mean via FTP, which directory do I move them into?  There is no User Galleries directory nor is there any reference to personal albums that have been created, just the 'userpics' directory which ALL personal user galleries albums seem to have their pics created in.  Besides that, we're not supposed to FTP files into the userpics directory?  As you can see, I'm currently stumped.

Appreaciate your patience but a little more spoon-feeding is required to make it "straightforward".  Thanx.

- TZ!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 08:00:14 am »

I didn't mean to move the file around - that would be pointless. You move files logically (i.e. the reference to the files in the database) from one album to another using editpics.php. To batch-move many files at once, there's no user interface - use phpMyAdmin and run a query against the database, changing the album ID (aid).

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 08:44:30 am »

Alright, alright.  I take it that this would be a function you could perform if you have full access to the PHP/SQL server?  I'm using webspace allocated to me via my ISP who has supplied me with one MySQL DB account but can only be accessed from their hosting server... with their own restrictions, of course.

Not that staightforward for someone in my situation I suppose :(

Ahh well, thanx for the support GauGau.  Can only hope that this functionality request is added in the near future but it doesn't sound promising.

Not that I want to move away from this great photo gallery - and not that I expect anyone in this forum to point me away from this app, however, does anyone know of a similar photo gallery that does have this functionality already built-in???  As the ability for the admin to batch-add files to personal user galleries is going to be a necessary evil for the particular work I need to perform.

- TZ!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 08:48:06 am »

If you can run coppermine, you can run phpMyAdmin as well. It's just a web app that gives you a frontend for database manipulation if you don't have shell access. That's exactly what you need in your situation. phpMyAdmin is really a handy tool, not only for moving stuff around. You should really look into it.

Thy_Zombie!

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 10:21:28 am »

Thanx again GauGau, things are starting to make a bunch of uneducated sense... sorta :P

I had a look at the phpMyAdmin app and the associated doco.  But this is yet another application, yet another installation, yet another config customisation - all whilst trying to learn yet another tool, consuming the limited amount of brain cells I have left after many years of abuse :o

It never ceases to amaze me how just one little function/request/tweak can lead to such, such, su... [aargh - another brain cell just got fried]

Nah, unfortunately I'm going to leave this one as a defeated man  :-[

I must note that I really have appreciated your ongoing responses.  Mate, enjoy the remainder of this year!!

- TZ!

bruno31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 06:54:09 pm »

Hi,
I have a problem concerning:
When I (as admin account) select Batch Add Files --> select required Directory --> and then 'Put Files Of "required_directory" Into'... there is no option to select the desired User Galleries album?
 - Only the albums/categories created by the admin account seem to be visible.
I really would like to batch add files to user galleries.
I have tried your solution I found in the Forum I mean I have edited the editonepic.php and the editpics.php and also albmgr.php and upload.php
But it I can´t batch add to user galleries. I have seen that I can when being logged in as ADMIN upload to user galleries but only 1 picture at a time and not batch add. Please could you help me as I don´t know what to do.
Oh and please could you also tel me wat default file and directory number should be: 0777 and 0655
I´m usung the latest version downloaded today (I think cpg 1416)
I  THINK THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN THIS VERSION  CPG1416 THE CHANGES ABBAS ALI POSTED DON´T WORK
IF THE CHANGES I DID WORK WITH THE OTHER OLDER VERSIONS DOES ANYBOBY HAVE OLD COPPERMINE VERSION FOR ME IF POSSIBLE OR OTHER SOLUTION
Thank you, kind regards, Bruno Koens.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 11:59:44 pm »

I have a problem concerning:
When I (as admin account) select Batch Add Files --> select required Directory --> and then 'Put Files Of "required_directory" Into'... there is no option to select the desired User Galleries album?
As suggested in this thread: you currently can't batch-add into user galleries. Period. If it would be easy to add this feature, we would have added it. We haven't.

Oh and please could you also tel me wat default file and directory number should be: 0777 and 0655
Depends on your server setup, there can not be a general recommendation. This is being explained in the docs, permission section in detail. RTFM before posting.
I  THINK THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN THIS VERSION  CPG1416 THE CHANGES ABBAS ALI POSTED DON´T WORK
IF THE CHANGES I DID WORK WITH THE OTHER OLDER VERSIONS DOES ANYBOBY HAVE OLD COPPERMINE VERSION FOR ME IF POSSIBLE OR OTHER SOLUTION
Don't shout at us! Using an outdated version of coppermine definitely is not an option ::).

bruno31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

ok, I apreciate your answer thanks!

bruno31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 04:45:20 pm »

I´m thinking of you´re solution on running a query in phpadmin and so by that means moving a public album to a users gallerie.
I just can´t figure out how to do that please can you explain how to that that,

thanks, Bruno.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 06:27:22 pm »

Run a query like
Code: [Select]
UPDATE `yourCopperminePrefix_albums` SET `category` = '10002' WHERE `aid` =5 LIMIT 1 ;in the SQL tab of phpMyAdmin. You will of course have to replace yourCopperminePrefix with the actual prefix of your coppermine tables. Replace 10002 in above example with the target category (the category equals the USER id plus 10,000) and 5 in above example with the album id of the album that you want to see moved.
It's not recommended to perform such queries if you have no idea what you're doing - you could ruin your entire gallery. Make a database backup (dump) before fiddling with the database! You're on your own with this - performing such stunts can be dangerous if you don't know your way around. You have been warned!

bruno31

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 12:27:15 pm »

Thanks again for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.