Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full sized image link  (Read 4587 times)

Rush

• Coppermine newbie
Full sized image link
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:21:56 am »

Hi,

I hope i've posted this in the right forum, but apologies if i've got it wrong. 

I'm after some help with removing the option for users to click on the medium sized images on our gallery,  so that they  cant view the full sized images.  I'm having to do this to free up some server space on a forum and gallery site that I host as a donation FOC for Oxfam GB. 

I'm a novice when it comes to php but I'm ok with basics  and editing files etc, so if some kind person has the time to let me know which files I need to edit and what code needs to be remove.  It would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Rush

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Full sized image link
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:13:27 am »

Set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to the same value that you have set up for "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video". Enable "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" for everyone and set "Create intermediate pictures" to "no". All of those settings can be found in coppermine's config in the section "Files and thumbnails settings".
Then use the admin tools to "Update thumbs and/or resized photos", choose "Only resized pictures" and loop through the entire gallery (dropdown named "Select album", choose "All albums"). This way, your intermediate images will be deleted and the full-sized images will be resized to the dimensions you have specified for the intermediate images. This is the maximum space-saving setting.
Has been asked and answered before - searching the board would have led you to similar postings that explain this as well.

Rush

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:17:07 pm »

Set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to the same value that you have set up for "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video". Enable "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" for everyone and set "Create intermediate pictures" to "no". All of those settings can be found in coppermine's config in the section "Files and thumbnails settings".
Then use the admin tools to "Update thumbs and/or resized photos", choose "Only resized pictures" and loop through the entire gallery (dropdown named "Select album", choose "All albums"). This way, your intermediate images will be deleted and the full-sized images will be resized to the dimensions you have specified for the intermediate images. This is the maximum space-saving setting.
Has been asked and answered before - searching the board would have led you to similar postings that explain this as well.

Thank you ever so much GauGau for you help, and step by step instructions.

On an unrelated issue: (just a bit of friendly feedback) 

I deal with the never ending list of questions on a number of forums that I run, so I appreciate that its a right royal pain in the backside having to answer the same question time after time after time.  I spent over an hour last night searching this forum for the answer to my question before I posted it, which begs the question that maybe the answers arnt as easy for your day to day users to find, as they are for the people like you that run the site to comment on.

Rush

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:19:54 am »

Gerrrr

I've followed you instructions to the letter and ended up with a gallery were some of the images show as full sized off the end of the screen, and some are ok.  The ok ones are photos that we're originally small at the upload stage.

I'm going to send you a pm with a user name and password so that you can see what I mean if you have the time to give it a quick look.

If not, no problem i'll keep looking.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 08:10:06 am »

Post the link to your gallery and a non-admin test user account. Take a screenshot of your config (the sction that needed modifying) and attach it to this thread (using "additional options" when composing your message).

Rush

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:16:36 pm »

[Edit GauGau] I told you to attach the screenshot. I didn't say that you should hotlink it. I even posted instructions how to do this. I removed your hotlinked image and attached the screenshot instead. In the future, do as suggested. [/Edit]

URL: www.oxfam-stewards.org.uk  (The gallerys bridged with phpbb2 so just click on the link at the top of the page)

User: oxfamtest
Password: oxfamtest141107

Thanks again for you help so far.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:28:24 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:36:52 am »

Can't tell you much: you have enabled admin approval, so I can't complete my test. Did you perform the admin tools stuff I told you about?
Actual link to your gallery is http://www.oxfam-stewards.org.uk/gallery/ - don't force us to get familiar with your navigation.
You're using cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.14 - it's absolutely mandatory to upgrade asap!

Rush

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 07:34:53 pm »

Can't tell you much: you have enabled admin approval, so I can't complete my test. Did you perform the admin tools stuff I told you about?
Actual link to your gallery is http://www.oxfam-stewards.org.uk/gallery/ - don't force us to get familiar with your navigation.
You're using cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.14 - it's absolutely mandatory to upgrade asap!

Thanks GauGau I've approved the image and it looks fine, and yes I completed the admin tools process as per your instructions.

I'll update the software version over the weekend, and try it again to see if that solves the problem.

Rush

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 09:39:46 pm »

I've completed the upgrade and then worked through your instructions again just to make sure that I'd not mist anything, but i've still got the same problem.   :(

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:45:56 pm »

You need to set 'Create intermediate pictures' to 'yes' before running admin tools otherwise nothing will happen. Set it back to 'no' afterwards. If that worked then you can delete the original files using admin tools to regain your disk space since that won't happen automatically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.