Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG+phpBB -> Groups management. How?  (Read 21573 times)

ivu

• Coppermine newbie
CPG+phpBB -> Groups management. How?
« on: March 23, 2004, 08:00:50 am »

Hi all.

I use CPG+phpBB.
I see that there is a default group "Members" in CPG, which i think means "all registered users". I have additional groups which i created via phpBB admin panel. But i don't see the group "Members" in phpBB groups list (and banned, gusts and admin as well).
How can i "merge" these groups with the groups in phpBB so i could controll them via phpBB admin panel. Actually I tried to rename the group "Members", but when I go to phpBB groups management and after that i go back to CPG groups - the old name of the group "Members" was restored.

Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 08:17:37 am »

there are some built-in groups in coppermine, wether you use bbs integration or not: "registered" (members), "anonymous" (guest, unlogged), "administrators" (well, you guess is).
When you change group settings in your bbs, make sure to visit the coppermine groups manager afterwards, since this triggers a resync. Try creating similarly named groups in your phpBB groups management and see what happens...

GauGau

ivu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 08:46:39 am »

I created the same group in phpBB - called "Members". Then I go back to the CPG's groups and I see 2 groups Members -> is there any way to merge them?

Timofey

• Coppermine newbie
    • Официальный сайт группы П&#1072
Re: CPG+phpBB -> Groups management. How?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:38:28 am »

It isn't speed posting, is it? Well, i have the same problem. Since no one answered the question since march, i dared to re-ask it. I have two groups of administrators in the CPG. Its version is 1.4.2, i use it briged with phpbb 2.0.8. And another problem i couldn't find though FAQs, Documentation and Search is that i can't edit the groups at all, neither through CPG nor though PHPBB. I need to have a number of people with admin priveledges. How can i do that?
Im not really a speed poster. I just need some support.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG+phpBB -> Groups management. How?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:41:09 am »

Now this is speed posting: you have an open support request already, stop repyling to others, trying to hijack them. Especially since this sub-board deals with cpg1.2.x, with a completely different bridging mechanism. Locking this thread now. You're banned from posting for one day. During this time, review your attitude. You have been told to be patient, that supporters are looking into your stuff but need some time to come up with fixes, yet you keep on posting like mad. >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.