Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ERROR in "Update thumbs and/or resized photos" after restore factory defaults  (Read 8490 times)

AndrewRH

• Coppermine novice
    • The Reeves-Hall Family

Hi,

I pressed the wrong button in the "Config" menu and restored the factory defaults instead of saving my latest tweaks.

I think I set all the configurations back; but when I go into the "Admin Tools" and selct the "Update thumbs and/or resized photos" option, I get nothing but these error messages:
Updating thumbnails and/or resized images, please wait...
ERROR creating:$thumb
ERROR creating:$normal
ERROR creating:$image
ERROR creating:$thumb
ERROR creating:$normal
ERROR creating:$image

back to main
Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery
Modded by Stramm

Can anyone help?
(I want to re-apply the watermark.png file to an albums worth of pictures)

http://photos.reeves-hall.net

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:28:05 pm by Stramm »
~Andrew~

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

if uploading still works, make sure permissions are set to allow overwriting of files (folders 777 or 755, files usually 644 or 666).

AndrewRH

• Coppermine novice
    • The Reeves-Hall Family

Hi,

Thank you for a quick reply.  The config shows 0755 for directories and 0644 for files.

I tried uploading a picture from my work computer; but it didn't seem to work (the windows publisher said it did; but it didn't show up in the Nov 2007 gallery).  It may be an issue with my company's firewall.  I will try again from home tonight.

http://photos.reeves-hall.net/thumbnails.php?album=143

Thanks again.
~Andrew~

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

And check config -> Files and thumbnails advanced settings -> Method for resizing images
usually this is GD2, make sure you've set it to what it was before... if ImageMagick you may need to reenter the path to convert

AndrewRH

• Coppermine novice
    • The Reeves-Hall Family

Hi,

According to 1&1 FAQ they use GD v2.  So, I changed "Method for resizing images" in the config to use GD2.  However...

Here at home now, I tried uploading a file through the Windows "publish" system and it appeared to work...except it just created the new album without the uploaded picture in it. >:(

I looked under "Batch Add Files" and saw the "wpw-20071105" directory created by the Windows publisher but it contained only an index.html - no jpgs.

I used an FTP program to upload a new picture directly and then used the "Batch Add Files" to add it to the system...I saw the new jpg and clicked ok but cpg said "No new file was found".

Separatley, I have noticed that the changes I make in the config section to mod-pack items are not saved.  e.g.set image watermarking to on, save, go back to config and it is shown as off.  Similar for all other mod-pack items - they get reset (or not saved).
~Andrew~

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Separatley, I have noticed that the changes I make in the config section to mod-pack items are not saved.  e.g.set image watermarking to on, save, go back to config and it is shown as off.  Similar for all other mod-pack items - they get reset (or not saved).

This is couse resetting to factory default removes modpack db entries. Runing update.php again fixes this. You'll have to run update.php again to recreate them. Check config and redo settiungs too. Watermarking is already enabled with default settings.

http uploads are working. Check http://photos.reeves-hall.net/displayimage.php?pos=-6934

AndrewRH

• Coppermine novice
    • The Reeves-Hall Family

Hi,

Thanks again for your continuing help.

I ran the update.php and saw that it did its stuff (that wasn't obvious to me that I had to do that again -- thanks for the tip!).

After doing it, I clicked on your link, but got this error:
The selected album/file does not exist !
File: /homepages/36/d183424680/htdocs/cpg/displayimage.php - Line: 272

Then I noticed that I wasn't logged in, here at work.  I logged in (admin priviledges) and saw it -- it even has the watermark that I wanted, too!

I have also just uploaded a photo from work -- that now works, too!
http://photos.reeves-hall.net/displayimage.php?album=145&pos=0

So, perhaps that update.php tip was just the ticket I needed.  I'll try uploading more photos later tonight from home; if that works, then we can call this issue resolved.

Is there a way to backup the config settings?  I just know that at some point I will probably do the stupid wrong-button click (factory settings) thing again!
~Andrew~

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

config is saved in the db (table someprefix_config)... use a tool like phpmyadmin to do that. You should regularly backup the entire db as you'll need it in case of eg. a hd crash.

AndrewRH

• Coppermine novice
    • The Reeves-Hall Family

I have just uploaded photos here at home - all is well.  I also used the admin tools to all the files in the album I had issues with and that recreated all of them fine.

I do back-up the database regularly - but it'd sure be nice to have a very simple interface to export the config settings (and an import to restore them).  May I never need it...

This thread can be closed.  Thank you again very much for all the guidance!
~Andrew~
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.