Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user to upload images and add comments PLUGIN ?  (Read 4103 times)

tascencao

• Coppermine newbie
user to upload images and add comments PLUGIN ?
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:43:48 am »

Hi there, I'm very new to blogging and just set up a Coppermine photoblog and was wondering if anyone knows of Plugins which allow users to upload their own images along with their comments.  I'm assuming I need a Plugin, or maybe I just can't figure out how to make Coppermine do this.

As I was finished typing this post, I noticed the "additional options" below the post field is exactly what i'm looking for.  Anyone know how to get this active?  I've search all the Coppermine tabs for this and tested over and over and no luck.

Much Thanks!
Teresa
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:31:45 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: user to upload images and add comments PLUGIN ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:31:32 am »

Hi there, I'm very new to blogging and just set up a Coppermine photoblog
Coppermine is not a blog application. Wordpress is a blog. The app we use here (where you saw the "additional options") is a forum software named "SMF". Coppermine is a photo/mutlimedia gallery, so you better start considering first what type of app you need: blog, forum, gallery.

if anyone knows of Plugins which allow users to upload their own images along with their comments.  I'm assuming I need a Plugin, or maybe I just can't figure out how to make Coppermine do this.
Coppermine comes with the ability to have users upload photos and post comments out of the box - you don't need another additional plugin. You (as coppermine admin) just need to set up coppermine in that way you want. By default, user uploads are just turned off. Turn the corresponding options on if you need them.

I've search all the Coppermine tabs for this and tested over and over and no luck.
Not sure what you actually have been looking at (what is a "coppermine tab"?), but the place to go is the documentation that we provide (it comes with coppermine and is available online as well, see link at the top of this page).

tascencao

• Coppermine newbie
Re: user to upload images and add comments PLUGIN ?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 03:25:16 pm »

thank you so much for such a quick reply.  i think i figured it out now and believe the photo gallery will do just fine!

Teresa
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.