Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying links to albums under categories on home page  (Read 2564 times)

Mr. Rogers

• Coppermine newbie
Displaying links to albums under categories on home page
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:36:37 pm »

Is there a way to create links to the albums within a category on the home page? For example, if I have an "Images" category with 10 albums in it, can I have my home page show the Images category thumbnail, title, and description and then under that, list out links to the albums within that category like:

Images
GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF,...

The closest option I've seen is "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" however I don't want all those details and just plain links. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:36:55 pm by GauGau »

just_some_guy

• Supporter
  • Coppermine addict
  • I am currently on holiday, back in a few weeks. :D
Re: Displaying links to albums under categories on home page
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:13:08 pm »

basically, mysql select the title and album id from the database where category = $cid and echo it below the categorys as a link, i think your like id will be the album id, and the title can be the link.
Tambien, Hablo Español      PHP - Achieve Anything
"The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow. " - Bill Gates
Windows 7 Forums

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 10:24:24 am »

Another option that comes to mind if you don't have the coding skills for the solution suggested above is using bbcode to manually add link sto the albums. Another option would be enabling "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" and then removing the extra info you don't want to see displayed from your theme.

mysql select
If you go for the alternative proposed by just_some_guy, make sure to use the database query functions built into coppermine instead of coming up with native mysql commands, as this will require you to create another database connection. Not recommended unless you really know your way around.

Mr. Rogers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:29:49 pm »

Thanks for the help. I was going to try the database calls but when I realized how dead simple using bbcode was then it was no question. Our albums won't change much so using static links will work out just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.