Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TABS not displaying  (Read 3442 times)

davieb

• Coppermine novice
TABS not displaying
« on: October 28, 2007, 03:42:24 pm »

http://davidbrennan.co.uk/epv2/coppermine

I can't seem to make the front page display tabs below the last additions thumbnails. In the config file I've got the following settings

Album List View
"The content of the main page " = catlist/alblist/lastup/random

Thumbnail View
"Number of columns on thumbnail page" = 5
"Number of rows on thumbnail page" = 3
"Maximum number of tabs to display" = 10

There are currently 16 images in the gallery which by my the way I've set the gallery should force it to show 3 rows of 5 images and then tabs underneath for the rest.

However all that shows up is just 1 row of "Last Additions" and 1 row of "Random". I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I'm getting. I'm pretty sure its got something to do with the config settings but I've tried changing all sorts and no tabs appear.

Can someone please tell me which setting I've made an error on.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 07:37:41 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: TABS not displaying
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 04:54:12 pm »

You don't get tabs there. If you want multiple rows then you need to change the 1 to 2 in 'content of the main page'.

davieb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 05:24:36 pm »

By setting the lastup to lastup,2 I get 2 rows

Hmm wonder if I'm think of this the wrong way.

What I was expecting is that by setting the "Number of rows on thumbnail page" to 3, I would see 3 rows then underneath that something like "Page 1.2.3" etc for however many extra thumbnails there would be (what I'm assuming is the TABS according to the manual). Is that not the case or have I just picked this up completely wrong?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:05:39 pm »

That block is just intended to show you what is new. It is not intended as the means to browse the gallery. If you setup a proper album/category structure instead of dumping everything in user galleries then you might get closer to what you want.

davieb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 09:07:56 pm »

The thing is we will only be allowing members to set up personal albums, there won't be any public albums. We want the first page to show the most recent, say 25 images, then have tabs underneath to go further on. As our current non-coppermine site has roughly 40-50 new images a day we want people to be able to easily backtrack without having to go through every members personal albums to find new images. Even if it means showing the first view and then having a link to a different page on the site which shows all the uploads.

I've seen it done on another site http://www.photography-cafe.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0 so all I need to know is what the config setting is.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 09:15:12 pm »

davieb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 09:39:14 pm »

Cheers Nibbler. That's exactly what I need  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.