Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photograph Of the Day  (Read 7146 times)

Wookie

• Coppermine newbie
Photograph Of the Day
« on: October 15, 2007, 05:16:32 pm »

For a community forum. could also be admin configured to change to POTW

How I see it working (Or how I would like it to work.):

At intermediate photo stage a button to vote for that particular photo on that particular day/week.

When vote is placed a log is kept containing the photo owners name, the photo title, the intermediate photo link and number of votes. Voting should be time limited eg 24 hour period or 7 day period and at the end of that period a report should be generated, logs cleared and next voting period be started. I guess that also voting people should also be logged so they cannot vote again on the same photo.

Is this possible? And have I clearly written it out above or do you need further info? Finally, can it be done?

Many many thanks for reading this!

Wookie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Photograph Of the Day
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:24:01 pm »

Can be done. There already is a POTD mod available afaik, although I have never really looked into it in detail.
However I doubt that something that specific will go into a future coppermine version (because that's what this sub-board is meant for: suggestions for features in future versions of coppermine).

Wookie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 05:48:30 pm »

Thanks GauGau. Yes there is a potd mod out there but its admin settable/choice.

Maybe I should request this as a mod then?. I'm not entirely sure which forum is for requesting mods, can you point me in the right direction?

I see the mod area thats not for requests,and a paid help one too.

Wookie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:23:09 am »

The mod board is for actual mods, not for requests. If you're ready to pay for such a mod, post on the "paid help" board. If you're requesting a free (unpaid) version of this mod, you're welcome to post your question on the support board. However, we prefer it to avoid double threads. So please just reply to this thread and tell us if you're ready to pay for such a mod (and if yes, post your budget). If you're not ready to pay, say so as well in your reply here. A moderator will then move your thread accordingly.

Wookie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 02:26:50 am »

I'm afraid I cant pay for anything. I dont have any income.

I would still like this mod to be made if someone has the spare time to do it.

Thanks in advance

Wookie

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 08:23:40 am »

Moving to "regular" support board then.

Wookie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 02:57:36 pm »

I'm going to have a crack at this myself, I have minimal php knowledge but can do a little. The part I need the help with most is the first part, I'll explain what I need and see if anyone can help me..or even direct me to the correct files to start me off.

From the intermediate photo stage: I need a button that when clicked it copies the image to another folder along with the photo owners name and 1 vote, if someone else clicks on the button the same happens but the photo this time wont need copying...just the vote, it will also need some code so as people cannot vote twice.

If someone can either code this for me, or point me in the right direction to give me a start I would be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance

Wookie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.