Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Standalone multi mode slideshow  (Read 42022 times)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Standalone multi mode slideshow
« on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:09 pm »

For a while I was looking for a slideshow to display images from coppermine on my homepage. I tried a number of things and eventually developed this flash based slideshow.

It is supplied as is so please do not ask for additional features.

It has been designed so it does not interfere with any of the coppermine files. The php was written by me while the flash code was supplied to me by my good friend Mike.

There are a number of modes of operation as you can see in the demo's listed below.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/slide.php  is a simple fade to the next image.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/slide1.php  each image drops into view.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/slide2.php  each image gets pushed up by the next.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/slide3.php  fades to the next image via black.

To install simply extract the attached zip file to your coppermine root. This will copy 5 files to your root:-

flashthumb.php, slide.php, slideshow.php, source.php and slideshow.swf

To call the script simply call slide.php . I'm using it in an iframe on my homepage http://www.windsurf.me.uk/index.htm but there are other methods to include the script in your site.

iFrame example

Code: [Select]
<iframe src="http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/slide.php" frameborder="0" scrolling="Auto" width="340" height="270" title="Map">
News </iframe>

You can select the number of slides in the show by modifying flashthumbs.php and source.php

you can also modify source.php to select the duration of each slide or different transition modes.

simply find this line

Code:
$slideshow[ 'slide' ][ $i ] = array ( 'url' => $url[$i+1]  , 'background' => "ffffff");and change it to this

Code:
$slideshow[ 'slide' ][ $i ] = array ( 'url' => $url[$i+1]  , 'background' => "ffffff" , 'duration' => x);where x is your duration in seconds.

To change transition type simply add below the above line

$slideshow[ 'transition' ][ $i ] = array ( 'type' => "z", 'duration' => y );
Where "z" can be "drop","fade_to_black" or "push_up" and y is the duration of the transition in seconds.

The size of your images can be set by changing the dimensions in slide.php

//insert the slideshow.swf flash file into the web page
//tell slideshow.swf to get the slideshow's data from sample.php created in the first step
//set the slideshow's width to 320 pixels and the height to 240
echo Insert_Slideshow ( "slideshow.swf", "source.php" , 320, 240 );

and in slideshow.php

function Insert_Slideshow( $flash_file, $php_source, $width=320, $height=240, $license=null ){
You can see the various development stages at this thread.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=46832.0

Known bugs

If you have the youtube mod installed and the script selects an image from that it will timeout giving an error message in the slideshow. The script selects random .jpg extensions from the entire gallery (or folders selected by flashthumbs.php) but seems to accept the youtube files as an acceptable format. I'll work on this when I get the time.

Many thanks to rhpMedia as I borrowed and modified the code for flashthumbs.php from his excellent image scroller based on iTunes mod.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=44042.0

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:09:00 am by phill104 »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Wheel-World

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Standalone multi mode slideshow
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 11:36:52 am »

Will this open links in a new window? Because i need to know how to do this, thanks.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »

Unfortunately not. I am however working on a java version which will have that function but don't expect it for a few weeks as I'm off on holiday.

Wheel-World

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:09:41 am »

Can anyone tell me how to make the standard cmpg Fetch open in a new window so that i can use Iframe to open a .php file?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:39:55 am »

This thread doesn't deal with cpmFetch, but another mod. There's a whole sub-board dedicated to cpmFetch. Don't clutter unrelated threads!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 08:35:06 am »

Wheel-World by PM:
Sorry about my post before but the reason i replyed to a thread is because i couldnt find the new thread button to start a new thread about my question. Sorry to be such a newb but i just cant find it? Do i have to have a certain amount of posts before i can start a new thread? I already searched the forums for other threads about my question and they dont answere it.

Thanks.

1) Don't PM supporters, but post publicly.

2) You can't start new threads on this sub-board, as this board deals with existing mods, not with mod requests. The board description clearly says so:
Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks
The Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks board is for actual mods and hacks contributions. It is not for requests for mods and hacks. Regular users are not able to post new threads to prevent this board from being cluttered by requests. If you want to contribute and are unable to create a new thread here, please post your contribution in the support boards under the correct version. A moderator will move the thread if it is a valid contribution. Next to each thread's subject, you'll find a little icon that says what version the mods on this sub-board have been written for or tested with (if applicable). Please do not clutter the individual threads by asking if the particular mod will or will not work with another coppermine version than the one it has originally been created with/for.
The sticky thread "About this board - READ" says the same thing.
There is a whole sub-board that deals with cpmFetch, where you are allowed to start a thread of your own: "coppermine-gallery.net > Support > cpg1.4.x Support > cpg1.4 cpmFetch by vuud". I think that we can expect that you read a little about the rules on this board before msibehaving: both thread-hijacking as well as unsolicited PMs are not a bright thing. You clearly accepted to read first before blindly disrespecting board rules when you signed up on this forum.

Now do as suggested: start a thread of your own on the support board I have refered to. And btw: there are sticky threads on that very board as well that you should read before blindly posting your question there.

ff

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 07:39:31 am »

Nice add-on, but I do have a question.

At your site you can't click on the slideshow as link.

At my site, I can click on the slideshow, but it gives a link to http://www.maani.us/slideshow/.
Of course I want this to be a link to my gallery.

Is this possible, or is the link hidden in the flash?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 09:02:00 am »

The link is hidden in the flash. Mike (aka maani) supplied the flash bit for the slideshow and I just did the adaptations to get it to work with coppermine.

I'm currently working on a better slideshow using mootools. Some people do not like using flash on their websites so that is why I'm doing a javascript version. It should be more versatile if I can get cpmfetch to work with it. You'll then be able to click on each image to directly link to the full size image. It's nearly working but I'm short of time at the moment.

ff

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:28 pm »

The link is hidden in the flash. Mike (aka maani) supplied the flash bit for the slideshow and I just did the adaptations to get it to work with coppermine.

Ahhh :) I get it.

I'm currently working on a better slideshow using mootools. Some people do not like using flash on their websites so that is why I'm doing a javascript version. It should be more versatile if I can get cpmfetch to work with it. You'll then be able to click on each image to directly link to the full size image. It's nearly working but I'm short of time at the moment.

I'm not a lover of flash myself, but love the idea of having a single image changing while being on the site.
See http://www.xarno.nl/ for the current frontpage ;)

Gephri

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 12:31:28 am »

will you be posting the integration with cpmfetch to this thread or another - really looking forward to being able to click a slideshow image and go to it

garfield central

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 12:32:59 am »

Can you help me?

I am totally new to coppermine and I like your slideshow idea and have tried to put it into our website, I dont understand PHP or MYSQL and get the error 'loading <something.jpg> timed out'. I dont know about the itunes problem you mentioned, I am hosted by Webhero.com and they did the coppermine installation. I think from Googling the problem it is something about my root installation but I am stuck. this is the url I am trying to get working "http://www.garfieldcentral.org/openhouse_fall_07.html" if that helps. it should open pictures from category "open house'' album 'fall 2007" how do I specify that in flashthum.php - I am sorry if this sounds stupid or is inapropriate but I am new to all this - thanks in advance for any help.
Terry

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40:24 am »

You need to get the intermediate images working in your gallery first.

garfield central

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 01:41:31 am »

Hi, As far as I know I have intermediate pictures enabled in coppermine config - can you help ?

garfield central

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 02:39:05 am »

Ok, I dont know how I did it but I got it working, thanks.

jake

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 07:56:39 pm »

Will you be posting the integration with cpmfetch to this thread or another? - I'm really looking forward to being able to click a slideshow image and go to it
Me too!

tinorebel

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • live long and prosper!
    • www.tripodart.net
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 12:09:08 pm »

yes, this is really a great pieace of code to include on a homepage!
Just... I'm having some trouble installing it... and I am very frustrated....

I just didi what I read, I downloaded the 5 files and uploaded them in the cpg folder.
Tryed to include the i frame script...
But I got the slideshow of the surf....
Then I changed the direction to point to my file slideshow.phpo into my coppermine folder.... an still get surf photos....

If someone can give me a hint I would apreciate greatly! ::) ::)
Live long and prosper!
www.tripodart.net

tinorebel

• live long and prosper!
    • www.tripodart.net
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 02:16:52 pm »

:D :DI isolved My problem.... was a bad path to the file the cause..... :D :D
Just wanted to ask if I like this slideshow I can Buy the licence from the author and I will get customizable link instead of link to the author page?
If someone knows....
Live long and prosper!
www.tripodart.net

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 02:40:38 pm »

You can buy a license from the writer of the flash bit. I have also written a similar version using mootools which is free although the transitions are not as smooth with javascript as they are with flash.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,48439.0.html

tinorebel

• live long and prosper!
    • www.tripodart.net
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 06:03:04 pm »

;D ;DGreat, thanks phill for the link and the suggestion.... looks mo-tools is really a great solution.... .just have to learn alittle java.... ::) ::)
Live long and prosper!
www.tripodart.net

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 08:38:36 am »

just have to learn alittle java.... ::) ::)
JavaScript and Java are two entirely different animals. Mootools is JavaScript-driven.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.