Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: missing directory preventing upload (?)  (Read 3561 times)

mzimmers

• Coppermine newbie
missing directory preventing upload (?)
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:49:38 am »

Hi, all -

I hope this is a place for a beginner's questions. I recently installed coppermine via fantastico (available through my ISP bluehost). I didn't get any error messages during the installation, but after I attempt to create an album and batch upload to it, I get this:

There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes.

FTP confirms that there are no folders inside the albums folder, but it seems odd to me that coppermine would let me create the album, but not create the folder for that album automatically. What am I missing?

Also, when I try to upload files individually, I seem to exceed a file size limit. I understand that this limit is set in a config.php file, so my question is: where does this config.php file "live?"

Finally, my ISP installed 1.4.12 for me. Am I missing any showstopper fixes by not going with 1.4.13?

Thanks for any help...

mz

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: missing directory preventing upload (?)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:18:20 am »

Welcome to community :)

We have one question per thread policy that you agreed , please respect that

I recently installed coppermine via fantastico (available through my ISP bluehost)
Don't use auto installer script (forum is full of these kind of scripts mess) instead download most recent version from this site and install , it's dead easy.

I didn't get any error messages during the installation, but after I attempt to create an album and batch upload to it, I get this:

There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes.

FTP confirms that there are no folders inside the albums folder, but it seems odd to me that coppermine would let me create the album, but not create the folder for that album automatically. What am I missing?
Coppermine doesn't works this way , by create an album you just create logical pointer under database
Use your ftp client and create folder under albums folder , you can use your album's name for new folder to make it easer to find for future

Also, when I try to upload files individually, I seem to exceed a file size limit. I understand that this limit is set in a config.php file, so my question is: where does this config.php file "live?"
Wrong !
it's not in [include/]config.php
- login as an admin and go to configuration by click on config admin button
- go to Files and thumbnails settings => Max size for uploaded files (KB)
- set the desire max size but keep in mind that the max upload size also depends on your php configuration

Finally, my ISP installed 1.4.12 for me. Am I missing any showstopper fixes by not going with 1.4.13?
You miss some security fixes  !
Do as I suggest and install/upgrade to most recent version
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

mzimmers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:21:37 pm »

Thanks for the reply...I'll keep future posts confined to a single topic.

So, if I understand the coppermine user model, the user manually moves files and directories into the coppermine file space, THEN uses coppermine commands to get those files "absorbed" into coppermine. Interesting. Once the image files have been imported into the coppermine DB, can they then be removed from the uploads directory, or is that where they should stay?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:34:46 pm »

The files are not 'imported' into the database. The database contains paths to the files which remain on the disk.

mzimmers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:40:12 pm »

Oh. Then I guess that I probably should rename my uploads directory, right? If I don't keep files logically separated in the file structure, there's risk of filename reuse (since the camera isn't very creative with its file naming).

Is the preferred method here to have sub-directories under "uploads" or to simply have several album directories directly in the "albums" directory?

Thanks...

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:47:40 pm »

Make subdirectories in albums. I would suggest using dates (without spaces) as folder names. This will help you with backing up also.

mzimmers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 07:53:49 am »

OK...well, now that I need to get the toothpaste back into the tube, can I just move the files into a subdirectory, or should I delete them and the album, and recreate? It's about 42 files, so it's not an immense amount of work to re-do, but I'd like to use the most elegant solution available.

Thanks...

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:38:59 am »

Do not delete album folder!
create a new folder under album folder and move your files there
if you're using Cpanel as a hosting control panel it's file manager can move files for you
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.