Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red X shows up in IE  (Read 4748 times)

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
Red X shows up in IE
« on: October 11, 2007, 06:00:23 pm »

Something weird going on here. If you browse to www.nikongear.com/alb using Firefox or any other browser the skin used looks fine. Go there using IE and there are red X files showing up for certain GIF's. I looked on the server and they are definitely there. I tried overwriting the default theme with the amended Eyeball theme, hoping it would sort it out, but it hasn't. I tried changing the cookie name too. Still red X's for IE users.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 08:38:54 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Red X shows up in IE
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 06:12:25 pm »

I looked on the server and they are definitely there.
They might be there (see http://www.nikongear.com/alb/themes/eyeball/images/), but the permissions might be wrong. You have to make sure (using your FTP app) that the user the webserver runs under has read/execute permissions. Take http://www.nikongear.com/alb/themes/eyeball/images/top_menu_left.gif as an example: if you click that link, you still get the dreaded red X, although the folder index shows that the file is there.
This is not related to a particular browser - IE just displays the dreaded red X, while other browsers (like Firefox) just don't display  broken images (or rather: images they can't display for whatever reason).

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:24:25 pm »

The plot thickens! ;)

Thanks for that. I just checked out the permisions on both themes and there are some differences. In "default" most are set to 644 and in "Eyeball" most are set to 755. What should I set them at?

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 06:47:25 pm »

Clear;y setting everything to 777 isn't the answer here...  ???

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 07:19:44 pm »

menu images show identically for me in both firefox and ie... missing is top_menu_spacer.gif, upload it, check its permissions or whatever. It can't be accessed from the web. FF ignores that missing image, IE shows it as red X 

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:30:23 pm »

This is freaking me out.

I discovered that the GIF's I was using were corrupt so I re-did them as transparent and uploaded them to both the Classic and Eyeball themes (mirrors of one another). I set permissions to 755 for all the files in the images folders there. If I navigate to the GIF's in the browser only the ones in the Classic theme are not showing up as red X's. So I went and renamed the Eyeball theme to "was_eyeball". The default theme is supposed to be Classic.

Going back into Coppermine now I am still getting the red X boxes even though the theme has been set to Classic and they are navigable.

What I'd like to do is actually just remove the call for them completely. What files do I need to edit?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:39:52 pm »

you're using the 'eyeball' navigation in your modded classic theme... the path to the theme is hardcoded in there... check theme.php of the classic theme to fix that

Amazulu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 09:26:39 pm »

Oh boy.

Colour me embarrassed! Thanks for pointing that out, Stramm. I am learning. Slowly, but learning nonetheless. You guys are the best!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.