Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question About Installation  (Read 3301 times)

HayleyP

• Coppermine newbie
Question About Installation
« on: October 10, 2007, 01:33:47 am »

I sincerely apologise if this has been asked a zillion times. I'm not sure what kind of keywords to use in the search for my question...

Anyway, if I have a fully functional Coppermine gallery with over 20,000 pictures is it safe to install this? Also, is there anything I need to know before adding it to my gallery?

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Question About Installation
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 08:53:08 am »

To date I do not know about major hickups. 3 years ago I coded that for my live site (10k pics, 2k unique visits/ day) and since that time I've made it just bridge compatible and took care about some bugs. Some features need more CPU than a not modded coppermine, others help you to speed it up. In general you can say it's written to be not very resource hungry.

If you plan to add something new to an existing site you always should test that before. Make yourself familiar with the new soft and most important, make backups of your site. Same for the modpack, test and backup. Later you can step back top what you have if it's not what you're looking for (however if you do not mess things up then overwriting the modpack files with the original ones would restore your old CPG).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.