Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mysql/Joomla/Coppermine Scripter Needed NOW! $500  (Read 11728 times)

StumOutsourcing

• Coppermine newbie
Mysql/Joomla/Coppermine Scripter Needed NOW! $500
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:42:40 am »

If you can not begin work immediately, this project is not for you. I am paying TOP DOLLAR for a programmer to fix this Joomla/Coppermine module right a way. Work needs to be completed within 8 hours, in your own environment. You will not have access to the server, or site. This project pays $500.00 dollars, because it must be completed ASAP.

A few months ago I had a developer create a module for Joomla that displays the most recent comments from the Coppermine Photogallery. The module displays the thumbnail, comment, date & time of comment, and the poster of the comment in a scrolling/marquee setting. The backend gives you the option of selecting how many pictures you want the module to display. This module was ridiculously resource intensive, because it was displayed on every page of the site. The site gets around 200,000 hits per day. When I noticed a drastic slow down of the site, to the point where sometimes it hanged the entire site, I had another developer to add a caching ability to it. While the caching works great, when the module has to pull fresh results from the database, it causes the site to slow down dramatically and even hang.

Upon inspection of the slowqueries log, it was determined that the module was responsible for this behavior. I believe this module was written poorly, and uses outdated mysql commands. Your job is to get this module rewritten, and have it cache it's self using Memcached. You also need to figure out the reason for the dramatic slow down when it pulls fresh results from the database, and fix it.

When you are finished, this module should be able to pull fresh results from the database server every second without hanging the site, because you will have optimized it and fix any existing problems. You must also provide a 30 day warranty. With your warranty, you will agree to fix any problems with this module (within 8 hours), should I determine it is not working properly. The module will not be altered in any way after your work is completed, so you don't
have to worry about problems arising from someone else modifying the module. This module must be able to use Memcached for caching purposes, as I believe Memcached is great to reduce server load.

I have attached the module, and slowqueries.log for you to review before accepting this project. If you can't have the work completed within 8 hours, the max is 24 hours. Bidders who can complete it within 24 hours will be given first choice at this project.

*BONUS* ... If you can make this module update it's self using AJAX technology, I will throw in an additional $250.00 dollars. I am flexible with the AJAX feature in terms of time, but would like it completed within 72 hours. This feature must also be included under the 30 day warranty.

My Site Environment Information:

The name of the site will not be disclosed for privacy reasons. The site is powered by Joomla! 1.0.13 . The site runs Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.13.
It uses PHP 5.2.3 , and eAccelerator 0952. The database server is MYSQL 5.0.45  . I also have Memcache 1.2.1 for windows installed (http://jehiah.cz/projects/memcached-win32/), and the appropriated extension installed for PHP. (http://pecl4win.php.net/download.php/ext/5_2/5.2.1/php_memcache.dll)

At any given time there are approximately 200-500 users logged onto the site. Without this troublesome module enabled, the site generates pages in less than a second. The average is around 0.54 seconds. So my hardware is more than adequate. My server operates using Windows Server 2003.

I look forward to selecting a a biddger. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:18:14 am by Joachim Müller »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Mysql/Joomla/Coppermine Scripter Needed NOW! $500
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 05:49:36 am »

I have attached the module, and slowqueries.log for you to review before accepting this project.

Can't see the attached module !
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:17:30 am »

The price of this project is just so big so I would like to work with it. I cant provide 8 hours thing but may be 12h will be enough. Anyway, like Sami said, I want to see the module, and slowqueries.log, too.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:22:57 am »

Job done?

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 02:58:14 am »

I got no reply from StumOutsourcing  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:18:38 am »

OK, thanks for your reply. Marking thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.