Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine-newb needs help please  (Read 3440 times)

skree

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine-newb needs help please
« on: October 11, 2007, 04:26:52 pm »

Hello everyone,

I'm running a website called www.sportscarevent.dk .

On this page, we have a link to a coppermine 1.4.10 installation. Try looking at http://sportscarevent.dk/index.php?page=billeder.html. This page gives the user a selection of various cars, years, locations etc. When the user has made his selections, and press "søg", the page sends the selected criteria to coppermine via a file called "generate.php" that we made to make it work.

Now, the problem is, it DOESN'T work! If the user goes directly into the coppermine gallery and types "Ferrari 2007" for example, coppermine will present the user with all images that have BOTH the ferrari tag and the 2007 tag. But with our image-selector (the link above), it sends you to coppermine and presents you with all images that have EITHER the Ferrari OR 2007 tags, or both.

Now, I'm really perplexed about this, and I'm really hoping that someone competent can help me. I will, of course, supply the need files for you to study. It can be done through this forum, or by msn messenger (j_skree@yahoo.dk) if anyone's interested.

Please help me

Thank you

Sincerely
Jacob Skree, DK

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Coppermine-newb needs help please
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »

please attach the files to your next post

skree

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:44:10 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply

The first file, called billeder.html, is the page you see when you click http://sportscarevent.dk/index.php?page=billeder.html. When you press "søg" (search) on this page, the selections you have made, are sent to file nr. 2, called generate.php. Generate.php sends the selections to coppermine, and should (in theory) present the user with the desired images. It doesn't!

I have experienced an akward thing though - it works on my own computer, but on all other computers, it fails. I'm running Vista with IE7.0 and I've tried it on XP with IE6.0, IE7.0 and Terminal Server 2007 with IE6.0 and IE7.0...frustrating!

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 05:08:36 pm »

generate.php ... you haven't set type to AND (have a look at the orig search form). If you do not set it, then the search assumes OR (in search.inc.php)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 05:10:09 pm »

Not sure what your actual question is nor why you go through so many issues to manipulate the search result with two extra files. Just add the search terms to this URL: http://coppermine.sportscarevent.dk/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=
Separate different search terms with a "plus" sign. Searching for "ferrari 2007" should send you to http://coppermine.sportscarevent.dk/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=ferrari+2007
You will only need one form page to generate to take the form input and send it to the target (using GET).

On this page, we have a link to a coppermine 1.4.10 installation.
It's mandatory to upgrade to cpg1.4.13 asap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.