Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: obviously im having trouble uplaoding!  (Read 3580 times)

Neon

• Coppermine newbie
obviously im having trouble uplaoding!
« on: October 05, 2007, 12:48:08 am »

didnt know coppermine had a support forum, and im glad it does

i read through the troubleshoot thing and didnt really udnerstand some of it, so i applogise if im breaking any rules or if i annoy someone

im trying to batch upload around 75-80 photo's, there already on my server in a folder (not user pics, i made a new directory)

whats happening is i can batch upload to the point where i get the list of pics and the tick boxes for them all, i click upload and it goes back to the page asking for the directory, and nothing has been uploaded

no error is showing up, the first tim ei used coppermine my PHP version was too low and i fixed that, my server ramped me up, but now im just confused, its not telling me somthings wrong, its not timing out because it happens in 3 seconds, any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: obviously im having trouble uplaoding!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:50:08 am »

i read through the troubleshoot thing and didnt really udnerstand some of it, so i applogise if im breaking any rules or if i annoy someone
Re-read it, especially the section Asking for support on upload issues. It's written in plain English and says what you need to do when asking for support.

Neon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:04:22 pm »

ok how about actually helping me instead of directing me to somthing i just read...

i re-read it, and there is NOTHING about my problem, so some actual help would be aprpeciated!

Neon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 12:25:26 pm »

i made a test account like it says in the FAQ

username: test
password: test

but i dotn see whot his is gunna help me since im trying to use FTP batch upload, like i said before

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 02:36:51 pm »

i made a test account like it says in the FAQ
It's not the FAQ, but the docs.

username: test
password: test
OK, great. Now we have a test user account. Would help even more if we knew what gallery to use it on. Why don't you post a link to your gallery, as suggested so many times over already?

but i dotn see whot his is gunna help me since im trying to use FTP batch upload, like i said before
It doesn't matter wether you see the point. The question is what data we need to support you. We're familiar with our "product". That's why the section "Asking for support on upload issues" I constantly have to refer to and that you constantly appear to only skim over clearly says that we need that information no matter what upload mechanism you're having issues with. For your ease of use, let me quote it, highlighting the part that you obviously failed to read:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
I'm tired having to explain to you why we need the information. After all it is you who is asking for something from us, ot vice versa. If you want free support, you should do as we suggest instead of nagging and questioning the reasons why we need what we need.

Joachim

Neon

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 11:11:22 pm »

its a gallery called kayaking, and im sorry if im nagging its just frustrating why things never work for me first time, sorry

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:20:15 pm »

Are you deliberately playing stupid >:(? I don't care for the name. I need to know the URL, aka internet address, aka link to your gallery. Something like http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/. If you don't post that piece of information, then don't post at all and go somewhere else. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.