Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avatar manage - missing thumbs/wrong link  (Read 6734 times)

chris.h

• Coppermine novice
    • Zookx Design
Avatar manage - missing thumbs/wrong link
« on: October 01, 2007, 06:02:13 pm »

Hi, Installed the updated modpack following the update to coppermine. But now my thumbs aren't displaying on the avatar manage screen  ???.

I can see what the problem is, the links are adressed as

'/albums/userpics/10001/mini_07.jpg'

Where as my thumbs in that folder are named thumb, eg;

'/albums/userpics/10001/thumb_07.jpg'

Is this an issue with the new mod pack? If not and its just me, any hints on which line of the manage_avatar file calls the 'mini' part would be great.

Many thanks.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Avatar manage - missing thumbs/wrong link
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:32:10 pm »

avatars require minithumbs to be enabled and created... read the docs that come with the modpack

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28367.msg131255#msg131255
Mini thumbs (default off)
Config -> Files and thumbnails settings - Enable Mini Thumbs, Mini Thumb Width - Mini Thumb Height
They are used for the comment notification system, the avatars, the buddy list and, if you want they'll replace the huge category lead image with thumbs of a size you like. If you want to use the avatar you'll have to enable the mini thumbs to get the full functionality (if not then only user uploaded avatars will work, if enabled, users can pick one of their uploaded pics and make them their avatar). There's a lot of more you can do with them. Eg. replacing the normal thumbs in filmstrip with the mini thumbs (need theme modification). This way you can dispaly a huge bunch more without messing with your layout.....

Use mini thumb as category lead image (default off)
Config -> Album list view - Use mini thumb as category lead image

Config -> User settings - Enable User Avatar (Mini Thumbs Required)
Check your profile as well. Here's a link to the avatar manager. Surfers who have uploaded pics can choose their avatar from them or users just can upload an image that gets resized to the mini thumbs settings (mini thumbs of course get sharpened too). If you have choosen an avatar all users will see it in your profile and next to your comments, PMs, in the buddy list etc. If you use a bridged Coppermine your forums avatars gets used instead

chris.h

• Coppermine novice
    • Zookx Design
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:09:09 am »

Hi Stramm,

Thanks for the reply. I had read that, and all the settings were correct - but the files I was looking at were uploaded before I'd updated the modpac - tried uploading a new file and all worked fine. I was just confused as I had it all working okay before updating everything.

I didn't realise an update would cause so many things to be overwritten - so i'm playing catch up again now. Thanks for your help.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 11:34:53 am »

to resize pics uploaded prior to enabling minithumbs you'll have to run the admin tools... depending on your server and the number of pics in your gallery that may need some hours (on my dedicated server  recreating 10k pics [intermediate, thumbs, minithumbs and fullsized] needed aprox. 6-8 hours)

Things haven't changed (modpackwise) the last updates. So I assume you haven't had minithumbs enabled (and therfore neither the avatars).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.