Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: move one CPG\'s photos into another  (Read 5168 times)

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
move one CPG\'s photos into another
« on: September 29, 2007, 06:01:47 am »

I am running a CPG on my server. We are merging in with another site that is also running the cpg. So we want to copy their photos from their cpg into ours. How can that be done. We don\'t want to integrate we just want to copy all the photos from their gallery into our albums. Thanks

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
Re: move one CPG\\\'s photos into another
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:42:43 pm »

Maybe I can explain a little more.

Here is the thing.

We have a website that runs coppermine gallery and we have about 18000 photos in our CPG. There is another website that is very similar to ours who want to give us all of their 6000+ photos from their CPG because their website is closing.

How can this be done?

The best solution is to take the albums from their cpg and place them in appropriate categories rather then moving all the photos to the gallery and then trying to accociate 6000+ photos with albums and then categories.

Please help me with this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: move one CPG\'s photos into another
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:27:31 am »

There is no way to merge two galleries. I recommend FTP-uploading the pics from the other gallery and batch-adding them. You'll lose all comments and other stuff that correlates with the pics from the other gallery though.

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 03:31:41 am »

Well, that is an option but it will get the other website owners very upset because they will have to comment every photo again and comments that people wrote will also be gone.

Do you think it\'s possible to:
1. FTP all the photos from the other server to mine
2. Have a simple script run and connect to their sql and take the category names, album names, photos discriptions, and comments and accociate all the photos from their server to the photos  (that I copied from their server my CPG) under \"Merged\" category on my CPG.

I really need all the content associated with those photos. Can somebody please help me please. I\'m sure I\'m not the only one that can will be able to use the script.

Thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 08:19:55 am »

2. Have a simple script run and connect to their sql and take the category names, album names, photos discriptions, and comments and accociate all the photos from their server to the photos  (that I copied from their server my CPG) under \"Merged\" category on my CPG.
"Simple" as in "simple to use", but not "simple to come up with". Creating such a script would mean a huge effort. It simply hasn't been made and is beyond what you can expect from free support. So if you need such a script, you will have to write it by yourself or hire someone to code it for you. If this is not an option, then you'll have to go through what I described above and just go with batch-add.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 19 queries.