Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change filename - login.php - integration with osc  (Read 20918 times)

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
  • If you build it, they will come.
    • Muc cel Mic - Magazin pentru pitic
Change filename - login.php - integration with osc
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:13:00 pm »

Hi.

I have coppermine integrated with oscommerce, and after upgrading I discovered that login.php overwrote osc's login.php - in the old version I had a login_gallery.php.

I updated login_gallery.php, but I don't know where to go to properly change for coppermine login.php to login_gallery.php.
I guess there should be a file having defines for filenames, but I can't find it. Or I may have to hange the filename in more than one place. I've searched the forums, but I couldn't find an answer. This is the gallery's address

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:39:57 am by GauGau »

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
Re: Change filename - login.php - integration with osc
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:48:22 pm »

Forgot to say this: it's not a real integration, just including cpg in osc's template. Users have to create separate accounts.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:07:54 am »

I have coppermine integrated with oscommerce, and after upgrading I discovered that login.php overwrote osc's login.php - in the old version I had a login_gallery.php.
I have no idea what you refer to: we don't provide instructions to integrate Coppermine with osCommerce, nor do we provide the files login_gallery.php. Post a link to the page where you got your initial integration instructions from.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:17:16 am »

Hi.

Once upon a time there was a contribution on the oscommerce site providing information and files for an "integration" with oscommerce.  Coppermine and Oscommerce share the same database, but users have to create different accounts for each one. Oscommerce and Coppermine files are all in the root directory, so having both a login.php and an index.php file there is some conflict. So, login.php was renamed login_gallery.php and index.php renamed gallery.php. That contribution isn't there anymore.

Anyway, I managed to solve the problem myself, I just went through all the files in the root directory and also in include/themes.inc.php and just replaced index.php and login.php with login_gallery.php and gallery.php. Everything seems to work ok, links are ok, pictures show up as they should, every function (like comments, voting, uploading) works just fine. I'll have to do more testing and wait to see if it's all as it should be.

Thank you for trying to help. I'd give you the link to the contribution from oscommerce, but since it's no longer there, I can't. If you want I can send you  the zip file to your email address.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:41:49 am »

Anyway, I managed to solve the problem myself, I just went through all the files in the root directory and also in include/themes.inc.php and just replaced index.php and login.php with login_gallery.php and gallery.php. Everything seems to work ok, links are ok, pictures show up as they should, every function (like comments, voting, uploading) works just fine. I'll have to do more testing and wait to see if it's all as it should be.
Thanks for returning and resolving your thread
I'd give you the link to the contribution from oscommerce, but since it's no longer there, I can't. If you want I can send you  the zip file to your email address.
Please attach the zip to your posting here (using "additional options" when composing your message).

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 04:49:03 pm »

Hi. Yes, I always try to come back and post the answer to the problem if I found one - I saw a lot of "unfinished" posts when I needed a solution.

I tried to attach the zip but it's too large - 2.27 MB. Any ideas? Do you think I should create several zip files from that one? Or email it to you?

And one more thing, out of curiosity: could it be possible to integrate osc and coppermine ins uch a way that users don't have to create 2 different accounts (share the same one for both)? I'm not so great with php so I couldn't tell if it's possible or not.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 10:36:33 am »

I tried to attach the zip but it's too large - 2.27 MB. Any ideas? Do you think I should create several zip files from that one? Or email it to you?
OK, I sent you a PM that contains my email address - please send the file to me by email, together with a link to this thread.

And one more thing, out of curiosity: could it be possible to integrate osc and coppermine ins uch a way that users don't have to create 2 different accounts (share the same one for both)? I'm not so great with php so I couldn't tell if it's possible or not.
I have no idea if this is possible, as I'm not familiar with osCommerce.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 10:07:47 am »

File sent~!  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 02:08:11 pm »

Attaching the file you sent me to this posting for reference. You have to understand that the file you sent me is more a crude hack, based on the outdated and unsupported cpg1.3.1. Actually, it is hacked beyond recognition, and without knowing how osCommerce works (which is something I'm not familiar with at all) it can not be ported to be used with cpg1.4.x
This isn't something I would be willing to look into, as it would have to be done as a sort of port, not just integration using the methods coppermine supports out of the box (which is named "bridging").
Using the mod as-is can not be recommended at all, as it is based on cpg1.3.x, which is outdated in aspects or security as well: there are known security flaws in cpg1.3.x.

Joachim

P.S. As your mod/port is based on cpg1.3.x, you shouldn't have posted on the board dedicated to cpg1.4.x. Moving this thread accordingly to the outdated cpg1.3.x support board.

roxanacaz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 01:53:51 pm »

Well, I posted in the 1.4 forum because the problem was about cpg 1.4 - I updated that 1.3 version and that is why I had some issues.

Any way, now the problem is solved, coppermine works just fine with oscommerce; I have a wonderfull Gallery thanks to you and a super shop thanks to osc developers...  :)

Although a "perfect" integration seems to not be possible, I like the way it is, especially since I won't have registered users in the Gallery to confuse them about creating two different accounts.  Thank you for your attention and support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.