Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 500 error when uploading large pic with resizing enabled  (Read 4706 times)

Angelbeast

• Coppermine newbie
500 error when uploading large pic with resizing enabled
« on: September 28, 2007, 05:07:18 am »

Hi. Just as the subject says i am having trouble uploading large pictures with resizing enabled using GD 2. I did as suggested troubleshooting doc and set the url upload field to 0 and the http upload field to 1 and set to fixed for all groups.And i have enabled the debug mode as suggested.

Now here is the issue. I can upload smaller files just fine. But when i try to upload a larger image file and want it to be automatically resized is where i have the problem. at first it says that the upload was successful. Then when i click on continue it goes to a page called db_input.php and gives me the following with no other information:

Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

So i checked all of the chmod settings for the albums directory and somehow they were changed to 755 so i changed the setting to 777 for it and all subdirectories but that was no help.

I checked my servers php settings and it has gd 2 which is what i had enabled.

And i get no debug output on the db_input.php page.

Now i am lost and have no idea what to do. does anyone have any ideas on what i can try?

Oh and another issue is that i cannot upload BMP files even though i have allowed image types set to ALL...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 500 error when uploading large pic with resizing enabled
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:19:12 am »

I did as suggested troubleshooting doc
No, you haven't done as suggested. Read on - there is a section that explains what you need to do when asking for support on upload issues. Keep in mind that there are server-sided restrictions imposed by your webhost that apply. The filesize is not unlimited.

Oh and another issue is that i cannot upload BMP files even though i have allowed image types set to ALL...
We have a strict "one issue per thread" that you agreed to respect when signing up, so your second question shouldn't have gone into this thread. "ALL" doesn't mean "all filetypes in the world", but "all filetypes that your image library can handle". GD2 can handle jpeg, png and gif. BMP doesn't belong on web pages anyway.

Angelbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 06:46:36 am »

I did not realize that i did anything that would warrant a scolding. A simple 'read the next section' would have sufficed nicely :-)

And i was not trying to get help with two separate things. I mentioned it in HERE because i did not know if it might be related. I THOUGHT i was being helpful by including any info i could think of. But if it is unrelated then no need to even acknowledge it.

And i believe in the php info the max upload size was 20mb if that's what you are talking about.

Anyway i do apologize for posting my request in an offensive manor.

Here is the info that next section said to provide.

http://www.angelbeast.org/pichost

and the test account...

username: test
password: test

I thank you for any help anyone can offer

Angelbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 06:50:06 am »

Oh and the file size of the large pic i am trying is about 750kb

Angelbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 05:23:52 am »

Anyone?

Please?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 01:32:39 pm »

Either increase the memory limit so that larger pics can be handled or use ImageMagick instead.

Angelbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 08:50:03 pm »

Either increase the memory limit so that larger pics can be handled or use ImageMagick instead.

I looked in the Coppermine's config section and the max file size is set to 5000kb. The file i was getting the error on was 750kb. and the max upload size on my servers php settings is 200mb. That seems like it would me plenty. Is there some other setting you were talking about?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:10:12 pm »

Neither of those are related to memory. See the sticky thread - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0 for details of the memory limit setting.

Angelbeast

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 11:15:46 pm »

Neither of those are related to memory. See the sticky thread - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.0 for details of the memory limit setting.

Hmmm...Well i'm on a shared server and i don't believe that i have access to the php.ini file. So that means i can't do anything?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 08:40:21 am »

Means that you will have to resize your files on your client before uploading.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.