Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General Question about Coppermine  (Read 2928 times)

aspires

• Coppermine newbie
General Question about Coppermine
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:31:47 pm »

I have a couple of questions about coppermine. I have never used it before although I have seen the logo on various sites floating around the internet.

1. Does Coppermne also allow videos to be displayed and does it allow .wmv files?
2. Can I set it up on a site and not allow users to register or login? I want a private gallery for a business site that displays how-to videos. I do not want to allow users other than the sole admin to upload content or change how it is displayed.

I really appreciate this general information to see if Coppermine will suit my needs.

Thanks!
Andrea

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: General Question about Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 02:44:23 pm »

I have a couple of questions about coppermine. I have never used it before although I have seen the logo on various sites floating around the internet.

1. Does Coppermne also allow videos to be displayed and does it allow .wmv files?
2. Can I set it up on a site and not allow users to register or login? I want a private gallery for a business site that displays how-to videos. I do not want to allow users other than the sole admin to upload content or change how it is displayed.

I really appreciate this general information to see if Coppermine will suit my needs.

Thanks!
Andrea

1. Yes it does.
2. Yes you can.

And 1 free tip of the day  ;D Reading the documentation would have gotten you the answer as wel.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: General Question about Coppermine
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »

I have a couple of questions about coppermine.
We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. As Hein pointed out, you have to read the documentation before being allowed to post questions. Ignoring those policies results in much extra work for supporters. We're reluctant do answer such questions over and over again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.