Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL 5 & Coppermine 1.4.10  (Read 4860 times)

tonyslinks

• Coppermine newbie
MySQL 5 & Coppermine 1.4.10
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:04:50 pm »

My ISP recently upgraded to MySQL 5 (I do not have the exact version handy, which I know can be important, but I couldn't find it quickly when looking at my site admin page - I will post it once I get that). I was running Coppermine 1.3 at the time, and I got the message:

There was an error while processing a database query

when I just logged into the homepage. I figured no big deal, it's probably an incompatibility with the new MySQL, so I thought upgrading to Coppermine 1.4 might take care of it. It did not, and I get the same message. I am able to get to the login page, but after enetring my user info, I get:

Template error
Failed to find block 'file_line'(#(<!-- BEGIN file_line -->)(.*?)(<!-- END file_line -->)#s) in :

<tr>
                <td class="tableb" align="center">
                        <font size="3"><b>{MESSAGE}</b></font>

<br /><br />
                </td>
        </tr>

I had not made any additional changes to anything myself, so I was failry certain it was an incompatibility with the new MySQL 5. I contacted support with my ISP, and they escalated it to a higher level. The reply I got back said they think it is an incompatibility as well, with the standard we don't support 3rd party apps, so check with them to see if they have an upgrade answer.

Has anyone had any luck with MySQL 5, or know of any patches to help this?

It's not a huge deal as it is not a commercial site I am making any money from it or anything, but I would like to get it back up & running without using any user files or logins etc.

Any assistance is appreciated.

If you would like to see what I am getting, the main Coppermine page is at http://photos.tonyslinks.com.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 03:50:16 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: MySQL 5 & Coppermine 1.4.10
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:26:46 pm »

tonyslinks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:31:22 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I took a copy of 1.4.13 to see if that would take care of it, but I get the same results on both the home page and after logging in as I noted previously.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:52:00 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/debug_mode.php
As Nibbler suggested: enable debug_mode, then post the actual error message (not the debug_output).

tonyslinks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:22:54 pm »

As Nibbler suggested: enable debug_mode, then post the actual error message (not the debug_output).

I'm at work, so I didn't have not had a chance to get to that. Just wanted to see if maybe getting the latest & greatest would have done anything. I appreciate the responsiveness of everyone so far though.

I will put it in debug mode & post what I get from that. The update was the easy part (for what I know anyway), but the debug part is new to me, so I wanted to do it when I had time to make sure I do it correctly.

Thanks, be back with the info once I get it!

tonyslinks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:09:18 pm »

Well, it actually looks as though I have a corrupt table rather than it being an issue with the MySQL upgrade (unless thit caused the table to crash in the first place). Here is the error:

While executing query "SELECT count(*) FROM cpg148_pictures as p, cpg148_albums as a WHERE p.aid = a.aid AND approved='YES' AND category >= 10000 and a.aid NOT IN (11,9,12,15,21,25,24,26,27,29,33) " on 0

mySQL error: Table './tlgeneric/cpg148_pictures' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Thanks for the info on getting me manually into debug mode so I could see the actual error. Now I just need to figure out how to repair a MySQL table, and I should be all set!

Nibbler

tonyslinks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 09:47:38 pm »

Thanks, once again, for the link. I tried the repair, but it seems to think it is OK - yet if I try to get to that actual table, it gives me this:

#145 - Table 'cpg148_pictures' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Here is the message I get after running the repair:

Table - cpg148_pictures
Op - repair
Msg_type - status
Msg_text - Table is already up to date

After I get out of that, it will take me back to the crashed message again.

Anyway, it does not appear to be an issue with Coppermine, so I will see if I can figure it out.

I appreciate the help very much - I'm much further along now than I was at the beginning of the day!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 08:28:59 am »

Probably the table is crashed beyond repair. Ask your webhost for support, or restore the crashed table from a backup.

tonyslinks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 03:22:04 pm »

Probably the table is crashed beyond repair. Ask your webhost for support, or restore the crashed table from a backup.

Good morning. I ended up getting the table repaired by using REAPIR TABLE with the USE_FRM parameter. It ended up losing all my data in the table, but the structure is OK & it seems to be running fine. I ran that as a last ditch effort to get it back after none of the other commends I found on dev.mysql.com would do anything. They warned that runnning it on a table created in a different version could result in data loss - and obviously that is correct. I'm certain that something exists out there that could have fixed it without the data loss though - I just am not familiar enough with MySQL to have found it.

Next step is to see if I can find a good backup & get the info I lost. At this point, I am just happy to be back into Coppermine though.

I still blame the upgrade to MySQL 5 - but that's just what I suspect as I have no way to prove it. Too much of a coincidence that the table blew just when they did the upgrade.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions, even when it ended up not being a Coppermine issue. It is much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.