Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing showing up for one album  (Read 3631 times)

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
Nothing showing up for one album
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:34:24 am »

Hi,

I've just been doing some batch adds and everything worked fine for all but one album which will not display any thumbnails, pics or even file names.

I noticed whilst in the batch add screen that the thumbnails which usually show up for each file (even for the albums which were added successfully) are now blank and also the icons which show the result of the add (i.e. the OK icon etc) just shows a red cross in a white box.

I have checked the permissions on the folder in which the pics in error reside and they are the same as all the folders for albums which do show thumbnails.  I have tried deleting the album in question, re-uploading the pics via FTP in binary mode, recreating the album and trying the batch add again but although it has successfully created both thumbnails and "normal" sized pics they still won't show up in the album list or when viewing the album.

I am completely stumped now as I can't understand why everything is working except for this one album.

Could someone take a look and make any suggestions what I should do please ?

This is the addy of my gallery http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/gallery

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Nothing showing up for one album
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 11:41:18 am »

Please post a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with batch-adding.

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:02:32 pm »

There's definitely something weird going on because this is the direct link to the pic

http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/gallery/albums/batch/Promos/070515_1_406.jpg 

but nothing shows up, yet the same photo is also in another folder and it does, even though the file and folder permissions are exactly the same  ???

http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/images/070515_1_406.jpg

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:06:57 pm »

Can't seem to edit my posts - just realised I have a holding page on the link to my gallery as I haven't released it to my members yet, it needs the index.php added to display my gallery.

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 12:10:46 pm »

Now that's even weirder - the first link I posted in my reply above isn't showing up either - the internet obviously does not want to display these promo shots of my friend Tom  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 12:23:09 pm »

There's definitely something weird going on because this is the direct link to the pic

http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/gallery/albums/batch/Promos/070515_1_406.jpg 

but nothing shows up,
Works fine for me, the pic is being displayed. However, when going to the parent folder http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/gallery/albums/batch/Promos/ I get a 403 forbidden error - that's something you should look into.

Can't seem to edit my posts
We turned this option of due to absue, so it's fine if you just post a follow-up.

just realised I have a holding page on the link to my gallery as I haven't released it to my members yet, it needs the index.php added to display my gallery.
So the link to your gallery currently is http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/gallery/index.php

Joachim

P.S. You should review the top banner - it is too wide for my 1024 x 768 notebook screen. You can't expect everyone to use the resolution you use, and the background image can easily be modified to fit to any width. Not related to your batch-add issues of course. If you want to find out more (e.g. if you want instructions how to make your gallery work for all resolutions), start a new thread on the themes sub-board

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 12:28:03 pm »

http://tomvaughanfans.co.uk/gallery/displayimage-29-4.html

this is what shows up in the display image page for the pic in question  (I have the SE friendly mod installed)

I will have a look at what's causing the 403 error - so you can actually see the first link in my second post then  because it's just blank for me ???

Can't understand why as the other link in the same post shows up.

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 01:55:29 pm »

It seems that all my directories give that 403 error (except the albums one which has a page that redirects to the gallery home) but the pics from the others are being displayed fine.  I think it is set server wide or something but as it's not affecting displaying the gallery itself I'd prefer to keep it that way so people can't browse my files directly. I haven't got round to building custom error pages yet.

I'll have a look at resizing the banner for different resolutions but I asked all my members what they used and 1280 x 800 was the most popular so we went with that to start with (site has only been up a couple of weeks so far and is very much a moveable feast at the moment !) Only one member said he used something different and he just adjusts the size with the zoom function to make it fit.  There is a message on my site home page which advises that is the best resolution to view it in.

I might try uploading one of the dodgy pictures into a different gallery folder and try it in another album to see if it shows up - maybe there's something set on my laptop that's preventing me viewing these pics as you managed to see it when I couldn't  ???

jaz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 02:35:49 pm »

Right - I uploaded the same pic to my Scans directory (instead of Promos) went into the batch add screen - no thumbnail pic showed for it but did for all the others in the folder that I've previously added. Did the batch add to my Promo Pics album and lo and behold the thumbnail and pics is displayed correctly.  I know the folder permissions for Promos is the same as for Scans as I went to the parent folder batch and selected the sub directories together and then applied the same permissions to all 4 at once.  So why this doesn't work when the pic is in the Promos folder God only knows.

As there are only about 8 pics for this album so far I'll stick them in the Scans folder and add them from there.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though, Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.