Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User galleries - More pages with no user galleries  (Read 3271 times)

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
User galleries - More pages with no user galleries
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:20:37 am »

My gallery had this problem for about a year now. I had a gallery with a lot of user galleries but then something happend and my files on server got hacked so I had to backup all my files from 5 months back. So my CPG database was newer then the CPG files. So all the users that added their own photo galleries to the gallery became blank because of the backup.

So now when one clicks on the User Galleries in the CPG it takes them to a page with bunch of user galleries but on the bottom it shows that there are still 3 more pages of user galleries. When one clicks on the next page it says and errror " There are no user galleries ".  Here is a link to my User Galleries category of my site: http://www.y4j.org/y4jers/pics/index.php?cat=1

How can I get rid of the extra pages that don't have any albums?

Thanks

Nibbler

Re: User galleries - More pages with no user galleries
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 01:18:26 pm »

You probably have user galleries that don't have corresponding users.

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 04:10:37 pm »

I think that is what happend, The users that created galleries got deleted (don't exist anymore) so that is why it is doing it.
I just upgraded the cpg to 1.4.13 and I tought that it would fix the problem when I ran the update.php.

So How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 04:26:46 pm »

I don't think there's an easy fix. It might be addressed in 1.5.

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »

Thanks, I would deffinetly want this to be fixed. My users get very frustrated because once they go to lets say page 2 they can't go back to page one again. The only way is to clear their cookies.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:51:19 am »

The only way is to clear their cookies.
You can do this for your users by renaming Coppermine's cookie to something else (make sure to use a valid cookie name). This will have the same impact as if all users deleted their cookies. Not sure though how this is related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.